Chapter 19- Bye Bill and Martha

SYDNEYS POV

We all looked at each other for a moment before the helicopter above us left. we had to climb down the tree, and I was not too fond of that choice.

I started down and was the first one too. step, step, step, it could go on forever. But I was wondering about logan, do I like him? Does he like me? Are we together?

The branch my left foot was on, currently snapped leaving me without a place for it. I yelped, even if I fell, I wouldn't fall too far down.

"You okay?" Logan asked above me.

"Yeah." I said, I was still shaking, I had too much on my mind. that didn't help.

Normally, people would be hugging each other if they were just rescued from a jail like place. But I'm not normal.

What would my parents say or do? Would they even care? Doubt it.

I finally found a branch my foot can settle on and I saw Josh and Skylar already down. By the way, what's going on with them? Wait... Are they dating?!

I squealed and quickly climbed the rest of the way down.

"Are you two..." I started .

"Dating? yeah" Josh said. I then scowled at him, "If you break her heart, I'll break your face!" I threatened.

He stepped back a little and nodded slowly. Skylar shook her head and rolled her eyes.

Finally, everyone came down and we headed towards the cars and trucks. everyone was being taken away, there were adults crying and laughing sadly.

Those people must be parents of the kids, well maybe. some was cute, hugging, kissing and crying.

"Um.. so what are we going to do now? I mean we have the truck but, we can't travel the way back with just a truck." I asked. "sure we can" a voice said behind me. Logan.

"Whatever." I looked at my ragged clothes, which was the outfit I wore when I last saw Logan.

I brushed myself off and sighed. I needed new clothes.

"We better go shopping soon, or I'll become a hobo." I said chuckling softly.

"Sure" Josh said and all the boys nodded. im not gonna ask how long they've been in their clothes, though Skylars looked brand new, maybe they were. Emily and Jake were gone, don't ask me where they are...

We slowly and silently got into the truck, Josh driving, Skylar shotgun,and me and Logan in the back. Josh a couple of times, tried to crack a couple jokes, but everyone had something more interesting to think about.

Including me.

----------------

I woke up to a bitch shaking me awake.

"Ugh you bitch! I'm tryna sleep here!" I insulted whoever was doing it. I finally opened my eyes to Logan wide-eyed and basically scared. it was still awkward between us from the kiss.

I made sense if my surroundings, and we were at the first house I was kidnapped in.

"Well I guess you can go home with Skylar...." he said looking down.

"Yeah I guess so" I nodded and got out of the car eagerly. I yawned and stretched my arms out. boy, i don't know how long I was in that car but, it must have been a while. I glanced toward the road and realized, I'm free! For now at least but you know what I mean...

I walked towards the recognizable car that was Skylars, and oh how I've missed it.

I walked over to the passengers side of the door and grabbed the handle, and luckily, it was unlocked. Skylar must have accidentally fell asleep, but when I opened the door, she must have quickly awakened.

"Sorry for waking you." I apologized to her.

"That's ok, but you probably want to go home right?" I nodded my head and she started the engine. it immediately roared to life.

She drove off down the curvy road.

--------
She finally pulled up on my driveway and I noticed that there was also another car on the driveway. But that wasn't any car, it was my parents car! I was excited to see them after those couple weeks.

I said a quick thank you to sky, then hurried up the driveway and excitingly to the front door.

I rang the doorbell and waited a minute before it opened.

My mothers worried face opened the door. "Honey, we have something to tell you." she said.

"Wait, I mean aren't you glad I'm home? I've been gone...." I trailed off. I was confused, until I realized my parents didn't even know I was kidnapped. their own daughter, and they didn't even worry about where I was.

"What? We just got home." she informed me. I felt anger rise in me, they didn't know!

"WAIT YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHERE I WAS? WELL YOU KNOW WHERE? I WAS KIDNAPPED AND YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN KNOW? I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD BE THE LUCKIEST PARENTS ALIVE, BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG! YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW, AND I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE WORRIED SICK!" I yelled at her. I felt a hint of sympathy for yelling at them, but it was less than they deserved.

"Wait what?! YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GONE ALL THIS TIME?!" She screamed not looking at me in the face. She didn't even know!

My dad appeared behind her, confusion blended with sadness and sympathy.

"W-what?!" He asked.

"Never mind okay?! What were you guys going to tell me." I said. Yeah I shouldn't but I kinda forgive them, I mean they were in like Egypt so how were they supposed to know?

"Well..." My mom started.

"We aren't your real parents." they said

"You were adopted by us." my mom finished. Wait what?!

I started laughing assuming what she just said was a joke, but they were not laughing with me. I stopped abruptly and I started to reminisce about the times I said I love you to them. They weren't even my real parents! And they lied to me, their own daughter.

"So you kept that from me all THESE YEARS? SO YOU AND SKYLARS DAD NEVER MET IN THE HOSPITAL?" I yelled at them. couldn't they just let me know I was adopted?!

"Well, if you just let us explain, you'll see from our side!" My mom said to me in a frustrating tone.

"Ohh no you don't get to explain! You guys don't deserve it! All these years you have been pretending to be my biological parents?! WELL GUESS WHAT? THATS NOT OKAY! IT FEELS LIKE I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU!" I screamed at them, there was no forgiving them, after hiding that from me.

I immediately stalked out of the room and towards the front door leaving my parents trailing. Actually they aren't even my parents.

"Goodbye Bill and Martha." I said and turned, walking out down the street. I didn't have a car yet, because I had no license. I hated addressing my parents as that, but they aren't my parents. But who are?

-------

Ya gotta have some drama in the book! Cliffhanger!

-alexa📱