Chapter 8- The Police Officer

I walked downstairs slowly, hoping I wouldn't "interrupt" any conversations.

When I got downstairs, logan asked, "why are you getting all dressed up?"

I smirked and answered, "because I know that I will be meeting someone 'special'."

His eyes went wide and he ran his hand through his hair. then he looked at me again.

"So how did you get your cut, you know on your head?" He asked.

"Well,why don't you ask jake!" I told him angrily. at that moment, I heard a voice behind me on the stairs. "Ask me what?"

"Oh I was just telling him how you threw me down the stairs and I have a giant cut that will soon be a scar." I said pointing to my cut.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have escaped and that wouldn't have happened." he said as if he knew everything in the world.

"Well, what should I do?! Wait till the police have to come and find me?! It's not like I want to be here! I don't even know where my parents have their money if that's what you are going to have some stranger ask me! BECAUSE I AM NOT MY PARENTS! It's not like I should be on my best behavior when I'm kidnapped for my parents' money!" I screamed at him. If I was not in that situation right then, I would have laughed at his face and how scared he looked. his expression changed quickly from scared to mad.

"WELL, ITS NOT LIKE I HAVE EVER WANTED TO BE HERE OR DO THIS! DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT!" He yelled.

"WEL MAYBE IF YOU DIDNT WACK ME DOWN THE STAIR AND MAKE ME ALMOST CRACK MY HEAD OPEN THEN I MIGHT HAVE-" I didn't get to finish because Logan started talking.

"Listen here! No one even wanted to be a part of this! You know our name not our story Sydney! God, I can't even take you two anymore!" Me and jake looked at each other, still frozen and then at an angry logan.

"Now you listen here! I never said I knew-" I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. everyone just froze. even my finger was still pointing at logan.

"Is that Dan?" I whispered.

"N-no, it's a police officer!" Jake whispered back. before I could run, Jake grabbed my arms and covered my mouth. he basically dragged me and Logan down into the basement.

"Where is Josh?" I asked after he finally uncovered his hand.

"Visiting his girlfriend." Jake answered.

"I sure hope that girlfriend knows what Josh does for a living." I mumbled.

The two boys rolled their eyes.

"Okay here is the plan, we all run to the garage, and sneakily pile in and drive off, we can go to mason can't we? Well anyway we have to ditch the house, ok?"

And then he turned to me, "if you make a sound or mess something up, your gonna die!"

That shut me up. dieing was the last thing on my list, and about a week ago, getting kidnapped would have too.

----

"You can't be serious! You cannot run away from your problems!" I yelled at them.

"Watch me!" Jake replied in a smart ass tone.

"Dumbass" I whispered.

That was the moment when he reached for scissors and dark blue duct tape. Sigh, memories (sarcasm).

"Don't you even try-"

Before I could respond he put the duct tape on my mouth. He then reached for handcuffs and put my hands behind my back and strapped them on. I tried kneeing him I mean why not? He crumbled to the ground and I almost screamed I was so happy. but I couldn't because the dumbass had to put duct tape on my mouth.

I knocked myself back into reality. I needed to escape! I realized it was too late when someone grabbed me and basically dragged me to a door. I tried to pinch him but I couldn't.

He quickly got out a key and unlocked the door. he wasn't going to throw me in was he? And godammit this is a good outfit. he needs to give it a break.

I don't know if you remember this but, before he mentioned another hostage. I just realized how insane he must be like where the hell are the other ones?

Anyway, I noticed he wasn't going to throw me in the room. instead however, we were in the garage and there was the white car already started. the headlights shone bright, but I could still see logan ready to drive it.

You would think Jake would be nice enough to let me sit in the back but, instead he opened the trunk and threw me in.

I tried screaming but it was no use, all it did was hurt my throat and turned the screams into small squeaks. Jake quickly shut the trunk and i was in sudden darkness.

I was so alone, the windows were tinted, and apparently the trunk was sound proof. I couldn't even see if someone was in front of my face.

Where and who was this mason guy? Knowing them, probably hours away.

I didn't even know mason yet, and I already hated him. everyone who helped hold my hostage i hate. I hate this too. I hate this car too. I hate the house and for lords sake, I hate the grass.

You might think I am over reacting but, tell me when you get kidnapped and have been exactly what I had been through.

I almost laughed at the fact that I used to like logan, you know the guy who is friends with the guy whom hurt me.

If I was home, me and Skylar would be watching a movie in the basement and challenging ourselves to stay up as long as we possibly can.

I can't do that now and might never be able too. I am a hostage.

------

Hi

-alexa✌️