Chapter 43- Im your Daughter Not your Punching Bag!

I was scared. Skylar had soccer right after school today, and had to take the long car we had to get there. Josh went with her to watch, and Jake and Mia were invited to a friends house to study right after school. And apparently log a found a new job that he had to go to right after school. I was stuck walking home alone.

A couple times, I would hear footsteps and turn around, they would stop and I would see no one.

I took a deep breath when it happened again, and turned the last corner home.

But, a large white van pulled up next to me. I couldn't see who was driving, because I forced myself to look straight ahead. All of a sudden, someone jumped out and started chasing me!

I forced myself to run, but I could feel them on my trail. Them, they threw something at me, a water bottle. But, with my heavy backpack, I fell.

I needed to leave a sign that Dan took me again. Or someone at least. I reached quickly into my pocket and grabbed a monkey keychain. It was me and Skylar's little secret. I threw it into the grass and lay on the warm sidewalk.

But, I wasn't gonna let someone kidnap me for the third time, I really wasn't.

When the person leaned down to pick me up, I noticed it wasn't just one person anymore. It was about three. Three, of course three people.

I put up a fight. They reached for me, but I put my hand out and pinched them. They yelped and I almost smiled, almost.

Then, unexpectedly, they all reached in, and picked me up, one picked my backpack and threw it to the curb.

"You don't new this anymore. We've got new ideas for you." I guessed that one was Tyler. He must hate me now.

I struggled to get free and punched wherever I could.

But, I saw lifted my head and saw someone. I saw the person freeze and Kade dropped me and ran for her. He grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes! Kelly.

"Ugh! Let go of me! I am related to Dan! Let me go and I won't tell anyone about seeing this! It will be erased from my mind!" She yelled. Nice, she'd rather put my ruined life on the line instead of meeting her uncle.

"Nope! Your a witness! There's no reason to trust you when you say your related to him!" Kade said and threw her in the back of the van.

I couldn't say I felt bad for her either, because I didn't.

"Get up!" Tyler said harshly. I could almost see him spitting venom at me. Its not really my fault he wasn't watching me when I escaped.

"No! I'm not letting go this time!" I yelled and fixed myself to the sidewalk, holding both side with my arms. My cheek was probably covered in dirt because I was pushing it against the sidewalk so aggressively.

When I wasn't expecting it, Tyler shoved a horrible smelling cloth into my face. Chloroform. The world stopped spinning and began to disappear from my eyes.

I let go.
~

"Wake up! Dan needs to talk with you right away!" Tyler shouted. I didn't even know I had blankets on me until Tyler flew them off.

"Why should I?" I asked glaring at him.

"Cause I said do! You don't want me to go tell him that you won't come over now would you?" He asked. He grabbed my arms and pulled me up harshly, leaving black and blue bruises.

I followed him into a room, with just Dan sitting in the corner, on a stool turned away.

"What do you want from me Dan? I'm your daughter! Not your punching bag!" I yelled at him once Tyler disappeared.

"Sit down." he said still turned away.

"No! Why would i listen to you?! After all you've done?" I yelled at him. I was losing my temper now.

"I need to tell you something." he said not listening to me.

"Well you better apologize for all you've done, I mean freaking out my best friend like that? what is wrong with you?! How in hell are we even related? I'm mean, how am I related to such a monster like you? I swear if it runs in the family, I'm running for my life!" I screamed at him.

"Shut up already! I said I needed to tell you something! Will you just a listen for once?!" He screamed back facing me.

"What? What's so important that you can't wait to t-" I screamed back, but he interrupted.

"I need to tell you the whole story." he said calmly brushing his hands through his hair.

"The whole story about what?" I asked him cautiously, but I knew what he meant.

"You know what I mean. About the notes, the past, everything." he said.

"So what's first? I mean, I just want to go home!" I yelled at him putting my hands up in surrender.

"The past is first, then the present, then the notes. The notes are last." he said but began.
~

"You were born unexpectedly, but we knew we couldn't take you. Your mom and I were both around sixteen years old, and we couldn't afford you. No offense but, you know how it works."
He started pausing to look at my reaction.

"My parents and Valerie's parents were strict and were very close. When they heard about you, they made us leave home, so we couldn't ask them for help. We planned earlier, before she was pregnant, to move far away. Where people didn't know our past or faces. After they kicked us out, we all had one big fight together. It split everything apart." He said.

"Everything. Me and Valerie were still together, since I loved her so and couldn't just leave her. I was ready to be a father, after I dropped out of school. It took forever to find a job, and when I did, it was low paying. We still couldn't even afford a tiny hotel or motel. We ended up staying with Valerie's sister, who kept secret that we were with her at the time."

"And when you came, out parents found out, tracked us down and made sure you weren't with us. They put you in an orphanage, but we met a couple who couldn't have kids. We told them about you and everything. They offered to take you, and we trusted them. Those were your adoptive parents, Sydney." He said.

"Anyway, they promised they would take you when you were older, to see me and Valerie. They promised, but broke it. They took you and kept moving away, but no one knew the story. They got a job where they traveled so much! And when I tracked you down and sent Jake to you, he brought you back." He finished.

"Why do you want me?" I said in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

"Because you're my everything. I couldn't stand you with those horrible parents who spoiled you and you never got to ever see them." he answered looking into my eyes looking for any emotion.

"What about the note? Who are the people who were working for you? Who were they?" I asked and he looked at me and called some people in.

And when I saw the people, I could have screamed. The people I used to trusted in fact, were standing were right in front of me.

Who are they? I guess you guys will have to see to find out! Okay, I am done putting all of the chapters in this!

-alexa👨‍👩‍👧