Chapter 26- The Necklace

"M-mom?" I asked and before I could do anything, the woman hugged me. This was my real mother, the mother whom I had never even see in real life. Valerie Pechulis.

I stiffened up a bit when she hugged me but relaxed, she was my mother. I couldn't imagine seeing your daughter after a couple decades, and being able hug her.

But that still meant Dan was my father.

"Um, Valerie, Dan is my dad!" I told her. And I began to tell her all of it, being kidnapped, falling out of the window, Rosalie, Dan, Laura, my parents not actually being my parents, and moving out.

By the end of my story, she seemed impressed, worried, and many other expressions that I could not identify.

"Wow, that's intense!" She said. Unlike in the pictures I found online, her blonde hair was shorter and a little curlier at the ends, like mine.

I laughed, "you bet it is!" I said and sat down.

Voices interrupted us. "HEY, YOU GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE GIRL!" Logan said, pointing a gun at Valerie. She put her hands up in surrender.

"Logan don't! She is my mom, my real one!" I begged Logan.

"Oh, well I really need to tell you something!" Logan said, now calm. I noticed Jake, Josh and Skylar behind Logan.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"We ran into one of dans comrades and he told us a warning, that we had to run away, far away, and he was no longer one of dans comrades. He still knew dans plans though. He was nice to warn us but we have to go! Start packing up your things, we need to leave as soon as possible!" By the time Logan finished, he was holding onto my shoulders and looking into my eyes.

I turned back to Valerie and she seemed shocked and surprised.

"Go! We don't have much time!" And I ran to the bedroom. I started packing quickly.

I threw the sheets off my bed and pulled the pillows off too.

---------------

I finally finished and so did Logan. I asked for Valerie to come with us and Logan said she could. Right now, she should be on her way with her stuff. She owns a pickup truck and we will need to fit some of our stuff in it too.

"Logan?" I asked

"What?" He said

"Where ARE we going?" I asked him shuffling my feet and looking down at them.

"Don't worry about it!" He said and left the room.

Ok then, thanks for your help.

I got up and grabbed my six duffle bags full of stuff, and my phone and wallet. I also got out headphones for the car ride.

I walked out of the room and down the crooked, narrow stairs. It then came to me that I would probably never see this place again.

"Sydney!" I heard Logan say. "What?" I replied in a whisper like he was in.

"Sydney!" He said again. "What?" I said again, louder. "Sydney!" He said again

"WHAT?!" I yelled back.

He appeared in front of me. "well before, I heard you and Skylar talking about you liking me, and I asked you to be my girlfriend..." he said looking down at his shoes.

I gasped as he held out a small silver necklace. the necklace had a charm, out of real silver, that was a heart. a pink diamond filled the middle of the necklace.

I took it out and examined it, my dad taught me how. Yep, real diamond, and real silver.

"Y-yes!" I said and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him.

He chuckled, "for a moment there, I thought you were gonna say no! That day I told you I was getting food, I was getting this."

I hugged him tighter.

-----------------
We all got into the car after I showed Skylar and the rest of the crew the necklace, I was absolutely in love with it!

I sat next to, Skylar in the back, and Valerie was driving the car. her car actually. The three boys were in jakes car, the sports car.

It felt nice to be around all girls instead of boys all of the time...

---------