Chapter 2- The Boy at the Door

The man looked at me and smiled. At first it seemed like a friendly smile, as if to ask, "What do you think you're doing here?" In a not so nice way. He had dark brown hair, brown eyes and was pretty tall. Maybe 6'2? But he wasn't that cute either. He looked, um, dangerous!

But anyway, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I was short, so I was basically smelling his armpit as I struggled to get away from his grip. Not to mention looking up into his huge nostrils.

His grip was hard and it hurt, probably going to leave a big bruise that Skylar would ask about.... If I ever get back!

"You bring me the money by next week okay?" He said slowly to my neighbor, almost daring them to say no. His tone was serious and calm, somehow.

Is he taking me as a hostage? Will I ever see Skylar again? Will my mom and dad miss me, or would they even know?! All these thoughts came rushing into my mind like water falling down a waterfall. I started to squirm causing his hand to grip me arm tighter.

"I-I w-what if I don't have the money by then?" She stuttered. She looked truly worried, but not about me, about herself and her safety!

We all knew what he was going to say before he even said it. Not even sure why the hell the woman asked.

"Then she," pointing to me "won't be in this world anymore."And he grinned madly. Before I could point direction to the nearest asylum, he gripped harder on my poor poor arm.

My heart started beating so fast, I could almost swear everyone in the room heard it! I looked around for a weapon, and my eyes landed on an antique but sharp frame.

"M-me?" I stuttered in a soft voice even though I already knew the answer. I wanted to distract as much as possible and allay make my way over to the frame.

He ignored me and walked to the door with me, slammed it, and walked towards a bright red pick up truck parked on the long driveway.

He threw me in the back seat but, then grabbed some things from the front seat.

DUCT TAPE?
ROPE?
A CLOTH?
A BOTTLE OF SOMETHING?

He held the gun up to me and threatened, "If you make a sound or try some thing funny, you may not live to see what happens next."

He started pouring the unidentifiable liquid onto the cloth and came towards me. I backed away and he frowned.

Suddenly he jumped on me and put the cloth on my mouth.

My eyes felt like they haven't rested In days. No no no this can't be happening. I wanted to open my mouth and scream, but I did not want to die either.Slowly my eyes closed, and fell asleep

                          *******

I opened up my eyes as my head hit the floor, from a bump on the road, and I looked up. It wasn't a dream i was in the car with my hands tied together, mouth duct taped, and my feet tied together.

I let out a shaky breath causing the kidnapper to look back.

"You might want to hear the rules, rule number one, you call me Jake. Rule number two, you do what I say. Rule number three, you act like you are my girlfriend when we are around people or in public. And if you don't listen to these rules, you will be severely punished."

I groaned when I thought what the punishments might be.

"Shut up" he snapped and I jumped.

                   *********

After what seemed like hours, the car stopped and I almost shouted I was so happy. Why? Well I get carsick a lot and I didn't really need me throwing up in my kidnappers car, though I would like to!

He got out of his door and yanked my door open.

"Home at last." He said as he grinned.

I gave him the meanest glare I could.
But he only chuckled.

He slowly peeled the duct tape off on purpose and quickly ripped the rope off.

"Get out" he demanded.

I looked up at the house. Weird? It looked so familiar......

----------------------------------------------------
I woke up in a room with a soft blanket and bed. All the memories from last night came flowing back into my mind.

10 hours earlier

"Can you walk any slower?" Jake said in a mean teasingly way.

"Yeah I actually can..." I mumbled.

"What was that!" He yelled at me causing me to jump back.

He shoved me into the house. a small alarm system went off. And a boy from a different room called out, " why are you back so late?" He asked.

"I got another hostage, Logan" jake said with a grin. " another?" I asked. " How many have you held hostage?" i prepared for the slap jake gave me.

Logan had brown hair spiked up at the very front. he had green eyes and a football jersey which probably meant that he played foot ball.

I immediately found him gorgeous, and I thought to myself, 'how do I find my kidnapper cute?' But I guess I was hallucinating or something....

********

Jake put a tiny plate of Mac & cheese in front of me, along with a cup of milk. I could tell he was holding back a laugh as I said," Do I look at all, like I'm 5 years old?" And I glared at him.

I noticed Logan standing in the hallway. he knew I looked at him and I blushed and I looked away.

He chuckled as he saw the plate of Mac& cheese In front of me. " what is wrong with you guys?" I yelled angrily and felt tears in my eyes as they fell on the floor from laughing.

I took this as a chance to escape. I jumped from the table and ran towards the door I grabbed onto the door handle as another boy stepped in front of me. I jumped back but tripped on Logan and jakes shoe.

Jake high-gives the other boy. " you come at the best times josh!" And josh chuckled. Skylar would definitely like him! He had brown hair with blue eyes. he also had braces.

I looked to my right and saw a staircase. I looked at the boys, Jake and josh were talking but Logan was looking at me. his green eyes were dating me to do what I was about to do but, not literally. I took a run up the stairs, I heard footsteps behind and that only made me run faster.

I ran all the way to the end of the blue hallway only to find two more hallways and I took the right one.

I ran all to the end of the hall, and opened the first door I felt hands push me in. I fell onto the floor, the wood floor.

I slowly got up and ran to the door. I jiggled the door nob but nothing happened! They locked me in! I fell backwards on the bed. I was exhausted before I knew it I was asleep.
--------------------------------------------------

19 people have seen this book?! Awesome!!

-Alexa ❤️