Chapter 34- Kelly's Confession

Today in high school, I have to present, in front of the whole class! For Mrs.Risnears class i do,and she's the meanest teacher of all.

The project is about interviewing someone who is at least fifty years older than you, and compare and contrast it.

Since I didn't really have a grandma or grandpa, I interviewed my neighbor. She was almost deaf so it was hard.

"First question! What is your full name?" I asked looking up from the paper I was reading off. "What honey? Pipe up!" The elderly lady said, putting a hand to her ear.

"I said, What is your full name?" I asked again. "Oh! Easy peesey! Helen Mary Ryler." she said and sat back into her old fashioned chair. Her house was fairly old, and out of fashion. It smelled old but in a good way.

"Next-" I started but was interrupted by Helen. "How many questions are there, so you suppose?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Hmmm... about thirty or less." I said, which was pretty low compared to the other students.

"Oh okay, go on." Helen said rudely as if she hadn't interrupted me before. this woman was seriously getting on my last nerve.

"Well anyway, how old are you?" I asked trying not sound rude, but how couldn't you when you were saying something like that?

"Oh my, this is a toughy... Eh, I look thirty and everyone says that," she paused and flipped her hair, but I could see the wrinkles that did not make her look "thirty".... "but, I am seventy two." she finally said. I scribbled it down and moved onto the next question.

"Next, when were you born?" I asked. She simply bit her lip, rolled her eyes, and gave me a smart comment. "Can't cha do the math?" She said. I sighed and I bit my lip, holding in a sigh.

"Wait a second, is that a diamond ring?" She asked her eyes wide as I nodded my head ready for her next rude remark.

"Who?" She asked as I was looking at the door, thinking if I should make a run or not. "My fiancé, Logan." I replied.

She nodded her head, as if she had known before she had asked. How modest. "We must continue." she said and sat back. She had a habit of leaning up close, and then falling back unit the old armchair. I was currently sitting on a stiff, ancient couch that had all sorts of stains I could not make out on it. This was gonna be a while.
-------------
"Any volunteers?" Mrs. Risnear asked, looking around the classroom. I couldn't blame anyone, everyone didn't want to mess up and they were a nervous wreck.

The bad thing was, Kelly was in this class, and if she got the pleasure of seeing me stutter and mess up, then I won't be able to live with myself.

"Maura, how about you?" I jumped as the person next to me was called to present. Maura's hands were shaking and she stood up reluctantly. You could tell she was nervous.

"I-I did my project on my grandmother, Kathleen shields. Sh-She is eighty three years old. She was born...." I stopped listening and payed attention to something else nearby.

Sam, was putting tiny pieces of his white paper in the hair of the girl who sat in front of him, Janine. Her blonde hair was poofy and to her, the pieces of paper went unnoticed.

Everyone nearby seemed to be interested to and we watched carefully for a couple minutes.

"-and that is why this interview brought us closer together." finished Maura, and she sat down, her face red and sweaty.

"Anyone else?" My teacher asked. When no one volunteered, she said, "Well I guess I will have to start picking people." and she sighed when no one still volunteered.

"Sydney wants to go!" A voice shouted from across the room, Kelly."

"Oh she does? Well come on! I'm chill, I don't bite." she said waiting as I stood up, glaring at the bitch who started it. I normally would have laughed like everyone else did when she said, "I'm chill!" Or "I don't bite!" But I wasn't in a great mood.
-------------------------------
Finally, class was over! And so was school! That was my last period and I was thankful.

"And just where do you think you're going?!" A voice sneered from behind me.

"Hmmmm.. I don't know, maybe you should use that pea brain for something else instead of daily gossip Kelly." I said sarcastically. I heard a bunch of laughing behind me and I smirked, I embarrassed her. I finally turned around and Kelly was close to my face.

"You think you're so smart don't ya?! We'll meet me in the alley behind the school, be there! Whether you show up or not, depends whether your scared or brave!" And with that, she sashayed away with the ton of people following her like sick puppies.
-----------------------------
It was four thirty, and I was debating whether I should go home,or meet Kelly behind the school.

I decided to take my chances, after all, what could possibly go wrong?

I was the first one, but a minute later, a sick rose smell filled the air, and footsteps echoed down the alley. Her bright pink, "Pink" jacket, hung low with a hood over her head.

I snorted, "We are not dealing drugs you know..." I said and crossed my arms defensively. "How would you know?" She asked. I shrugged and she took off.

"You better apologize to me for what you have done, or I will make your life VERY miserable." she said and tried to flip her hair, but it was under her hood so she didn't.

"What did I even do?" I asked. "Just to let you know, I know where you came from, I know who your parents are, I know who your real parents are, and I know you were kidnapped. So you listen to me, you do what I say and no one will know, I mean, after all, you surely wouldn't want that all over the school now would you?" I gasped and she smirked and grinned ear to ear.

How does she know?

How does she know? I guess you'll have to wait till next chapter!!
-alexa👄