Chapter 40- Three

I heard footsteps running on the hardwood floor behind Skylar.

"Sydney?" A small voice asked.

I stopped hugging my best friend and looked up to see Logan looking far away.

"You don't believe what Dan said right? You know I would never do anything like that to hurt you! You have to believe me you just have to-" he started panicking but, I put my hand on his chest.

"I've been thinking while I was gone, no you wouldn't have. And Skylar would never cheat on me with you, but good news- I'm back! But Dan will be looking for me." I said looking down.

"Come sit down, and tell us all about it, so we can be prepared for him." Jake said from behind us, holding on to Mia. Mia looked at me with a lot of sympathy.

"Yes, please?" Skylar asked. I nodded my head and we all sat in the living room.
~

"Wow. That's all I can say, wow." Josh said after I finished.

"You know what I thought was weird? How when Josh, Logan and Jake kidnapped me, that was three people kidnapping me. When I was with them, there was Tyler, Matt and Cade. Strange, right?" I said leaning for ward and twirling my finger around the lemonade and looking at the large plate of cookies.

"Yeah, it's like he does three people every time." Jake agreed.

"Wait, he's kidnapped me twice, but not three times! Could that mean something? Could the number three have to do with anything?" I asked them.

"Wait a second, we have three places where Dan could be! The place were we first kidnapped you, the old abandoned jail- type place, and the place where he kept you before! That's three places!" Josh pointed out.

"Yeah! And-" I started but Skylar interrupted me.

"G-guys? When Dan came and destroyed the wedding, he came at three and had three large, blank trucks with men inside, follow him!"

"So what does the number three actually mean to him? what could happen next that could help us figure that out and be protected?" Logan asked.

"I really don't know..." I said sighing, why does this have to be so hard?

"Guys, I found out something else weird too- you were first staying with your parents, then you lived with Jake, Josh and Logan in their apartment, now we live here. Coincidence?" Skylar asked.

"It's like he knew this would all fold out to be like this..." Mia said.

"How? How could he have known I would live at my house, come and live in your apartment, and then live here? it's impossible!" I said.

"Maybe he set you up..." Mia pointed out.

"What do you mean set me up?" I asked her, we were getting somewhere, Finally!

"I mean, what if he made sure your parents hadn't known about you getting taken, and did when he knew they would be too far away to know? And what if he knew you were going to go and live with the boys, and them specifically warned the boys to make us all love here?" Mia finally finished. That was completely possible!

"Yeah! My parents had no idea about it! And since you guys are my closest friends, he knew I'd move in with the boys, and if we got warned harsh enough, he knew we would move into this house! It's like he planned this out all along!" I cried out.

"What a miserable man." Mia said staring out the window and shaking her head in awe.

"All we am really do is take our time and realize as much things that use the number three daily!" I said. Logan put his arm around me and pulled me back so that I was leaning back on the couch.

My friends nodded their heads and looked away. Dan was, indeed, a horrible person. I didn't even understand what he wanted from me. What did he want from me?
~

"Hey guys I'm gonna make some chicken noodle soup okay?" Logan announced.

"Okay." i said and everyone nodded.

A couple minutes later though, I heard him curse and I laughed. It was so cute when he was mad!

I walked into the kitchen and immediately stopped laughing. Floured all over the floor, and all over Logan. I continued laughing. Logan's hair wasn't even brown anymore, it was gray. He gave me a blank look and continued cooking.

He opened up the egg cartons and as I thought he was continuing to cook, he chucked an egg right to my stomach!

"Oh no you didn't, it's war now!" The other we're watching, so I opened the refrigerator and got whipped cream.

I squirted a bunch at Skylars face! She gasped and reached for another egg. She accidentally mistaken Josh for me. She smushed a gooey egg onto his head and he cringed.

Jake grabbed the whipped cream, squirted it on mia, and threw some whipped cream on her too. It all stuck together in one tangly, gooey mess.

But I loved it.

-alexa💥