Chapter 42- Playing Innocent

Skylar's birthday had already passed, and it was the week after. We continued going to school, and I avoided Kelly and her friends. Kelly would glare at me a lot,but I think she's just mad that I get to skip school, and not believe her.

So it was Wednesday and after my friends and I had said goodbye to each other and left, Kelly appeared in front of me.

"Your boyfriend is so ugly!" She said looking away and flipping her hair. I looked closer to her face and noticed some of her red lipstick was smudged, and some was in strands of her hair.

I laughed and she immediately turned her icy eyes towards me.

"What are you laughing at bitch?" She asked obviously trying to start a fight.

"Your ass must get jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth daily." I said. If you wanted to fight, I'll show you a fight Kelly!

"Oh no you just didn't!" She gasped and then paused to listen for something. "shhhh, listen, that's the sound of no one caring." she said and smiles proudly as the crowd that I hadn't noticed that had formed, laughed.

"You must know that sound well!" I say and the crowd goes crazy.

"Yeah I do! Especially since I'm around you all the time!" She said thinking people will laugh but it's silent.

"There are some stupid people in the world. You just helped my realize that." I said and her face flamed red and everyone laughed.

"Hey everyone, guess what?! Sydney is illegally here!" She says and my heart races.

"Like you?" I said and Kelly smiled, playing along.

"It's no time for jokes Sydney. In fact, your actual parents are hundreds of miles away! You completely left them! And then you ran away with your friends and came here! You were even trying to get married illegally, with that ugly bastard but my uncle stopped it." There Kelly went, right over the cliff. Way too far.

"Hey kelly, while your at it, why don't you tell everyone why I was missing for a couple weeks? I'm pretty sure you know that your uncle kidnapped me, and you told him to do that too!" I said playing along.

"Heh, no. I can spill all of your secrets right now! Should I guys? Huh? There are some really good ones too!" Kelly said and I resisted the urge to slap her across her face.

"Do it, Do it!" The crowd chanted. Didn't any teachers or any adults notice this huge crown right in the middle of their hallway?

"Well I give you guys one, Look on Sydney's finger! Do you guys not see that ring? Well she wears it all the time cause she's married! isn't that illegal?" She said to the crowd. This was my boiling point.

I grabbed a hold of her shoulders and pushed them back. She let her mouth hang open wide like she couldn't believe what I'd just don't to her.

Then she must have reached her boiling point because she raised her fist, and punched me straight in the nose. my teeth dug into my lip, and I could already taste blood. I felt something drip beneath my nose, and realized I had a bloody nose too.

"BREAK IT UP, BREAK IT UP! YOU TWO," The principal pointed at us, "COME TO MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW! THIS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!" He screamed.

We followed him into his office and Kelly gave one last push at me before she sat down. But she didn't sit down; I shoved her so she fell to the ground instead. I took the seat that she was about to sit in, and she scrambled to sit in the seat right next to mine. I noticed she had her phone with her but I left mine in my locker. Dang it!....

"So I realize both of you were involved in a little 'incident' a couple minutes ago. Like I said, that is unacceptable at my high school, and there will be punishments for your actions. I would like each of you to tell your side of the story, and then we can call your parents and decide on a punishment." My principal finished.

Kelly wasn't paying attention and was picking at her nails, so Mr. Simpson cleared his throat. Kelly still didn't look up.

"Excuse me Kelly, the last I checked, you are in my office and we were talking, if you were paying attention at all." he said folding his hands together and placing them on his desk. I choked back a giggle.

"Yes." Kelly replied looking up finally.

"Yes? Well did you hear what I had just said?" He asked her and she nodded her head.

"Good. well kelly, you may share your side of the story." he said.

"Okay. Well, I was walking down the hall with my friends and we were chatting about an upcoming movie. well anyway, we were chatting and She," Kelly paused to point at me. "interrupted our conversation and called me an inappropriate name." She then threw my books to the ground and insulted me again."

"Continue." the principal said. I was surprised he was believing all of her lies!

"She then pushed me and I pushed her back." she continued.

"Then why does Sydney here, have a bloody nose and lip?" He asked easing his eyebrow and leaning back to get comfortable in his leather chair.

"Well, she slipped and fell to the ground and bumped her head against the ground. I don't even know why she slipped!" She said "And that, is the end of my story." She finished. She actually whipped up some real nice fake tears and dabbed at her eyes.

"And your side Sydney?" The principal asked me and I lifted my head and told him the real story, without lies or holes in it like her lie had. I told him about how she shared secrets about me that I didn't want anyone to know.

"And now, it is time for deciding on the punishment. I see both stories are alike and very different in many extreme ways. I think we should settle on going to class late, getting a detention, and being suspended for three days each."

"But you Kelly, will be having an in-school suspension and your parents will be notified."

"And you Sydney, I would like to see you after Kelly leaves. We have something to talk about." He finished and Kelly stood up and walked out with her head down.

"Okay Sydney. I need to know why you were not here for a couple weeks and why I called your house, and no one answered or picked up."

"I was sick with pneumonia, then I got strep throat right after. We went on vacation after and the phone was acting up." I said to my principal. So many lies in that story and not as much as in Kelly's story.....

Yeah, I'm kinda mean...

I think this chapter was filled to the brim with laughter and drama.

-alexa💁🏻