Chapter 38- He did WHAT?

I woke up and my head hurt, but I noticed I was in a large hospital bed. The beeping machine corrected my guess. This wasn't the first time for me being in a hospital.

I looked next to me and saw nobody. A big fat nobody. Where would the boys be? Did the cops find them and me?

"Hey! Your awake! Now time to tell you out plan to get you out of here," Tyler said with a bloody lip. I glared at him and he continued. "We will have fake guards guarding this room, and you will jump out of the window, okay?"

"No, not okay." I said calmly looking away from him.

"It's either that, or we bomb the place. And you sure wouldn't want people who are already wounded, get hurt AGAIN!" Tyler said knowingly. I knew he was just threatening me, he really wouldn't do that no matter how mean he is.

"So can you tell me why exactly I am in a hospital bed right now?" I asked him crossing my arms.

"Eh, Kade kinda hit you in the head with a metal pan." Tyler said nervously.

"He did WHAT?!"
~

"You don't know how much I hate you right now Tyler." I said as I hopped up and walked towards the windows. The window was already unlocked, which was good.

"Excuse me ma'am! What do you think you are doing?" A voice called out behind me. I looked behind me to see a small boy sucking on his thumb. I dropped my purse and stepped toward the kindergartener.

"Oh! Is that your mom out there? Look!" I lied pointing behind him and walking behind him as he ran to the door eagerly. I quickly closed the wooden door after he left, and locked it. I know that was mean, but wouldn't you rather do that instead of getting the youngster killed?

A knock at the window made me turn around and see Tyler sitting on the ledge. He motioned for me to come.

"Open the window!" He said pounding on the window and sounding frustrated.

"Nah, you know what? I just don't feel like it! Huh, isn't that something?" I teased him and pretended to sit back down in the bed.

"Nice. Now come on!" He said rolling his eyes. I ran over to the window, opened it, and did exactly what I shouldn't have; I looked down.

"H-how?" I asked looking down at where I could easily fall.

In a second, he held up a rope.

This was going to be a long time.
~

Ugh! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update! This chapter is short but my school has had many plays this week and so much has happened! Sorry!

-alexa😕