Chapter 4- The onset of new dark forces

(!!Content warning!!- this chapter contains mention of blood and death)

Odette Viotto-

I have never rested, always ran, ran so fast that the sun couldn't make a shadow. Well, here I am- mid way, lost in a dark wood- this selva oscura, without a torch, a guide, or even a bird.

- Jeanette Winterson

Odette feels dejected as she witnesses most around her grow eccentric as the upcoming holiday of Halloween quickly approached. The Great Hall soon adorned a variety of eerie decorations, skeletons danced the length of the Hall, bats flew high towards the ceiling, pumpkins with smiley carved faces placed around the room in various places, etc.

Odette wished she could feel as jaunty as she would once have at the sight of the Hall, feeling the same childish way for the idea of the Halloween feast.

She imagines she'll spend the festivities in either the library or her dorm, wishing to avoid any unnatural joyful moments.

How could people act so normal? Act as if nothing had changed? Odette thinks to herself, it made no sense how people could even think about celebrating in a place that everyone should mourn.

The distinct feeling of dismay lurked over Odette as she walked the castles dark corridors whilst everyone ate floors below her, she passed by the stone wall that held the Room Of Requirement behind it- the same room Dumbledore's Army would meet in their fifth year.

She wandered hopelessly in the deserted corridors, her mind ablaze with the agonising pain of anxiety.

What was worrying her so terribly? What was to come?

The following day (Halloween Eve), most were gathered in the Great Hall for breakfast, quiet conversation flooded Odette's ears as she mindlessly pushed around the beige o's drowning in milk in her bowl.

The sound of the onset of owls flying overhead into the hall snatches her attention from her bowl, she looks up as the usual grey tawny owl lands just in front of her on the table- the newest addition of The Daily Prophet grasped tightly in their beak.

Odette retrieves the paper from their beak, paying the owl generously before it took off out of the hall with the other owls.

She glances down at the article, and her heart stops as she skims over the headline.

——————————————————
𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂

𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙸𝚂𝚃𝚁𝚈 𝙸𝙽𝚂𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝚁𝙴𝙿𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙴𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙸𝙰𝚁 𝙳𝙰𝚁𝙺 𝙼𝙰𝙶𝙸𝙲 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳 𝙾𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝙰𝙶𝙰𝙸𝙽. 𝚁𝙴𝙿𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙼𝚈𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙾𝚄𝚂 𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙷𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙰𝙿𝙿𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂 𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈, 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙴𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙷 𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚈 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙲𝙷 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚆𝙸𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙳. 𝙰𝚄𝚁𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝚄𝙻𝙿𝚁𝙸𝚃(𝚂), 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙰𝙵𝙴𝚃𝚈 𝚆𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝙸𝚉𝙴𝙽𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳 𝚆𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙸𝚂𝙴𝙳.