Chapter 35- Unbreakable vow

(I'll put a '♱' when to start the music)

My darling, you hold so much sadness in your eyes, I can almost touch the scars of your soul and cry

- Alexandra Vasiliu, Author of Blooming

The room was cold as the sound of a thousand disembodied voices whispered indiscernible words, a sharp voice whispered in a cruel, demeaning tone: "a new evil will rise."

༺⚘༻

Odette was startled awake by the sound of Pansy throwing open her bedroom door, practically running into the room with a childlike glee.

"Wakey wakey, Odi!" She chanted as she jumped into the empty space beside where Odette lay in her bed, throwing her arm around Odette's torso.

"Hmmm, go away..." Odette grumbled, burying her face into her pillow.

"No, today is a special day!" Pansy gleamed, sitting up to look down at Odette.

"Is it the day you and the boys are finally leaving my house?" Odette spoke, her voice muffled from the pillow.

"No!" Pansy hit Odette's back with a pillow. "Now hurry up and get up! I have a present for you..."

This caught Odette's attention, enough to make her sit up and watch as Pansy skipped over towards Odette's study desk where a large black zipped bag sat.

"I don't think that body bag is big enough for me, Pansy," Odette smirked.

"Shush and look!" Pansy exclaimed, zipping the bag down to reveal a long white gown.

The dress was beautiful, it's ruffled sleeves created the allusion of angelic wings and the flower embroideries along the bust seemed to symbolise Odette's sweet floral scent. Odette couldn't look away from it.

"W...wow, Pansy," Odette spoke. "I, I thought I said we were keeping things simple?" she laughed.

Pansy's grin widened. "I know, but I was raking in your mother's wardrobe and found her old gown, and after a few personalisation spells, I couldn't bare the thought of you not wearing this."

Odette walked over to the dress, running her fingers through the soft silk fabric, thinking of her mother marrying her horrific excuse of a father. Her small smile fell as she realised that like her mother, this marriage would not be one spent happily.

"What's the pout all about?" Pansy spoke, lifting Odette's chin up with her finger to look her in the eye.

"Maybe it's all the rhyming," Odette smirked.