Chapter 31- Roll in 1999

(!!TW!! This chapter has mentions of blood and su*cid3"

Odette Viotto-

You're not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness

-Unknown author

Their eyes met, a collision of eyes woven by the sweet hue of a new spring clover and eyes of mercury molten down to a deadly liquid.

A girl, born to lead, a luminary from birth with a heart frozen over from years of cold love provided by two people who were supposed to show her nurture, not an austere attitude. And a boy with a painfully similar upbringing, born with a tongue with an edge so sharp it could cut diamonds— both girl and boy found themselves collided by sinister assumptions, soon discarded for a relation much different.

"You dropped this," was the first person to speak as their eyes met, holding out a sterling silver dagger with a serpentine hilt.

The boy felt as though he was staring into dead eyes, but he had never seen them shine so bright, so vibrant.— They shined like precious emeralds, eyes of a true Slytherin.

He didn't know what to say, what does one say to someone who was previously laying lifeless beside you?

He looked at the blade in her hand, the way her skin radiated new life— the scars still visible, though sheerer than usual.

"How?" He spoke in barely a whisper, fearing to meet her eyes.

"I can't die," Odette chuckled. "I thought of it to be obvious."

The boys eyes shot up, looking at her as a small smile played at her apricot lips.

"You did die, Viotto!" He reminded the girl. "I watched as the life left your eyes!"

The girls smile fell as a more stern expression took over her face.

"I know I did..." she spoke lowly, watching as the boys brows furrowed. "I went somewhere, I don't think it was heaven... more likely hell to be completely honest with you."

"Where did you go?" He asked.

"To a forest... don't ask me which, for I don't know— all I do is that it was cold, remote... but I wasn't completely alone," Odette began, Malfoy listening closely. "I saw my sister... she told me that I wasn't dead, that I can't and that where I was, was where I was supposed to be... whatever that meant".

"What happened in the forest?" the boy asked, feeling disgusted by how intrigued he found himself to be.

Odette paused, contemplating her words.

She began walking around the cold metal table, trailing a line in her own blood that still stained the muggle made steel.

"My sister just spoke to me, told me how different I looked... and-"