Chapter 6- The missing chosen one

Odette Viotto-

If the world was ending tonight, you'll be in my arms, we'll be frozen in time, underneath the stars, my heart would be upon your chest and I'll search for my stars, within your heart.

- Jay & Anna

The scent of old parchment wafted violently into Odette's nasals as she turned the page of her textbook from where she sat in one of the more isolated areas of the library, trying her best to squeeze in as much studying as possible before her first potion assessment the following day.

It was quite late, and due to it now being November and the winter months, the sun had set hours ago; leaving the library lit only by the flickering flames of candlelight within lanterns, scattered around the room.

The only sound in the room was the array of quills scratching on parchment, and the occasional yawn of exhausted students around Odette.

In the distance, Odette listened as she heard the stoutly library doors open- and the onset of hurried footsteps pattering off the hardwood floor.

"Odette, have you seen this?" Hermione Granger's voice arrived to Odette's right- sounding rushed and worried.

Odette, startled, shot her head around to see her bushy haired friend holding The Daily Prophet in her grasp- on the front cover was the moving image of The Ministry Of Magic completely destroyed, parchment and shattered glass splayed all over the ground, images of distressed and injured faces scattered around the large room.

"What the fuck..." Odette muttered under her breath as she took the paper from Hermione's hold.

"There's more... look" Hermione pointed to the large paragraph below the photograph as Odette began to read

——————————————————
𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚢𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝙾𝚏 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌, 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 '𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚎' 𝚜𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜, 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗.
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗.
𝚆𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚛, 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙰𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚛, 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐- 𝚜𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚖 𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜.
𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌, 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚕𝚝, 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 "𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢'𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘, 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜, 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎".
𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚟𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚎𝚢𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐.
——————————————————