Chapter 28- The hunt part two

(!!TW!! This chapter contains mentions of, blood, violence, grotesque descriptions, and more upsetting topics)

Odette Viotto-

I disappeared into books when I was very young, disappeared into them like someone running into the woods.

-Rebecca Solnit

Fire was how the world would end, how it would perish, how it would cease. Burning everything in its monstrously dangerous path— baring no mercy to anyone willing to bargain themselves.

Satan gleamed at the thought of the underworld- a land of burning flames and pools of melting liquid- taking the place of the over world.

He had beaten those who disgraced him, he had shown them that there was truth in his warnings.

The trees and buildings would burn, the seas would boil— every living thing would cry out in terrible agony, holding each other close as they wept their final breaths.

But that was still to come— for now, the only thing the fiery flames of a serpentine beast burned was the home of a girl with copper eyes, and soft dark hair— she would go down with her home, forever captive within its walls.

The girl with raven hair and virescent eyes choked on the thick air, ash stained her face and hands, her silk dress reeking of smoke.

She stood there, holding a weeping boy who lost a part of himself he had never expected to part with so soon. Odette felt terrible sympathy for the dark haired boy as he cried into her shoulder, whispering words of comfort as she held him close against her smoke reeking body.

But the three Slytherin's stood there, unaware of the danger that remained around them— they were being watched, studied... those hiding in the shadows awaited the right time.

They would wait until the three think they are safe and lower their walls, making for an easy ambush— striking when they are most vulnerable.

That was the plan... but one man grew impatient.

"We can get them now while they're pining over a burning building," an impatient crook whispered to the few that remained from the ambush on the Emerson house.

"They'll make a run for it," a stoic man with greying hair hissed.

"Then we will demobilised the insolent little children as they pitifully run for safety," the impatient man said.