Chapter 43- The Ministry

(!!TW!! Mentions of blood, death, violence and other upsetting topics)

In war, victory

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.

-Unknown author

    The house was silent. The soft sound of wind carried down the deserted halls of the Malfoy family Manor, no rain hit off the windows, the skies were clear, the moon shining like a diamond eye watching over the land as it slept.

Odette slept soundly in the arms of a boy she once felt only hatred and suspicion towards, the feel of his chest rising and falling slowly against her back in a rhythmic pattern made it easier for the girl to remain asleep.

She had no dreams, no thoughts, no worries...

Nothing bothered her, she felt content and peaceful for the first time in a while.

That was until a hand covered her mouth, muffling her scream as she awoke to the sheer force of the hand.

Her immediate reaction— grabbing her dagger from under her pillow— wasn't possible as her fingers searched desperately for the cold metal of the blade beneath the silk, all the no avail.

The Malfoy boys room was too dark to make out who it was startling her awake in the middle of the night, but what she did know was that it was not the boy she fell asleep aside, as she still felt his soft breathing against the back of her neck.

"Shhhh," a low voice whispered. "Don't panic, panic wastes precious time."

Odette couldn't distinguish the voice, nor make out who it was as their hand slid under her forearm, forcing her off the bed.

There was an odd smell in the room, a foul smell.

She landed painfully on her elbow, emitting a weak grunt as the person standing over her heaved her onto her knees.

"I don't mean to cause any pain..."

It was a man's voice.

No, a boys voice.