Chapter 47- Return to Hogwarts

(!!TW!! This chapter will contain mentions of blood, violence, death, abuse, profanity and many other upsetting topics.)

Perhaps, my silence will be the loudest scream you'll ever hear

-Unknown author

Thoughts are strange, they're arbitrarily, come to the mind at the most random of times.

They can be anything; a memory from a childhood, thoughts on a passerby's outfit, the possibility of rain that day.

Though Odelia's thoughts were not random, they were orchestrated, outlined specifically to make her think of what she had to think of.

Her thoughts ranged from the little things, like the way her mother would brush her hair when she was a child, the comforting scent of her lavish perfume, or the death of her favourite character in the many books she owned— but nowadays her mind would only be filled with horrifying thoughts of imminent danger, or the face of a boy she felt nothing more than civil with.

For now, despite the raging thoughts of the possible devastating outcomes of her plan, he was still the most prominent image in her head.

He never left it, in fact he was like a virus, a parasite, infected her brain so that all it was was he and it.

The worst part was, she didn't care.

All she cared about was that he would never leave her mind.

But in that current moment all she could think about was if she had made a mistake in telling the boy of where she would be, if she had lured him to the same location.

Her plan was to let him know where to find her if things went south, where he'd find her corpse, murdered by her own flesh and blood.

She couldn't think of that right now, she had to focus on the plan in the moment, not of the outcomes it could cause.

Odelia almost fell when she appeared back in the ministry, her stomach a tangle of knots, her hair a mess of dark shadows.

"Fuck this," she swore, holding back the bile threatening to leave her mouth. "God, and I thought portkey's were abhorrent."

She stumbled a few steps before fully regaining her balance, soon taking off on a mad sprint towards the broom closet she left her sister and father bound within.

"Alohomora," she whispered, her fathers wand pointed at the door where she had locked her two family members.

The door opened, Odelia's mouth dropped, her eyes widened.

They were gone.

"Shit," she swore beneath her breath. "Shit, fuck, balls!"

The witch's eyes scanned desperately around the room, searching for an identical door that she could've mistaken the empty one for.