Chapter 14- Practice makes perfect

(!!TW!! This chapter has mentions of knifes and blood)

Odette Viotto-

Odette Viotto-

All my grief says the same thing- this isn't how it is supposed to be. And the world laughs, holds my hope by my throat, says: but this is how it is.

- Fortesa Latifi, The truth about grief

The two Slytherins rode for miles, not caring that the dead of night fell around them.

The woods were dark, silent, and empty- the only sound to be heard amongst the trees was the soft sound of hooves crunching on snow and twigs.

They rode in silence for hours, both lost in their own thoughts.

Surely they would be after the pair, seeing how angered they became at the sound of Odette's name.

Clearly they were former Death Eaters, provoked by the reminder of a seventeen year old girl murdering one of their own.

Odette had thought no one on the side of her victim would still be around to avenge him- but she was evidently, and foolishly incorrect with her assumption.

"Where are we going?" The boy on the horse aside her spoke for the first time in hours, his voice was raspy as though he had just awoken.

"I thought you would have that figured out already" Odette groused.

"Well it wasn't my idea to ride off into the night on the back of horses" the boy spat back in a cruel voice.

"Well I'm sorry it was the only way to evade being murdered on the spot" Odette scoffed.

They fell into silence once again, Odette gripped the reins tight to try subside her anger.