Chapter 40- The truth is hard to pass

(!!TW!! Mentions of death)

If I disappear, will you look for me?

If I disappear,
will you look for me?

-Unknown author

    Odette was taken aback. How did Mrs Malfoy know of Harry's plans? And what was his next one? Telling by the look on Narcissa's face, it wasn't a good one.

"What is his plan?" Odette asked sternly.

"I am unsure on its authenticity, but I heard a whisper whilst strolling through Knockturn Alley-"

"As one casually does..." Zion interrupted, though Narcissa just ignored his comment and continued.

"- a group of wizards dressed in dark attire, their identities concealed by black masks, were speaking of an attack that would occur in one particular location... the ministry."

"The ministry?" Odette questioned.

Was Harry going to try and murder the Minister For Magic? Odette thought with a shiver down her back. What does he wish to achieve?

"Do you know what they plan to do?" Odette solicited further. "What is the overall goal?"

"That I am unsure of," Narcissa spoke honestly. "But I understand that the original reason for my son fleeing his school with you was to investigate Mr Potter."

"That is true, but only after I proved I weren't working alongside Harry," Odette spoke with a hint of malice in her tone, giving Malfoy a glaring side glance. "Though our investigation didn't last long after we attempted to find him in London, but instead a target were placed on my back."

"Well, taken by that vengeful gleam in your eyes..." Narcissa spoke with a satisfied smile. "I presume you wish to follow up on my information?"

Odette looked at her hands, memories of her time with Harry in their earlier years in Hogwarts flashed over her psyche.

He was just a boy with a terrible past, unbelievable pressure placed on his shoulders from such a young age, every year of his time within Hogwarts— despite this, he was one of the kindest, most funniest wizards she had ever known. Someone who would do anything for what he believed in, for what he cared for.

Odette couldn't bare the thought of her old friend becoming a sinner, an assassin of someone of such high authority. She couldn't believe he would ever conduct such heinous crimes willingly, there had to be an explanation... and Odette was going to uncover that.