Chapter 19- A glance into the past

(!!TW!! this chapter will contain mentions of blood, death, child birth, still birth, and more upsetting topics)

November 13th, 1980-

Modesty, violence, anger make me want to talk. Pain, too. You write like you kill. It comes from the belly and all of a sudden it's in your throat. It's a cry of despair.

- Anne-Sophie Brasme, Breathe

     Cries of agony carried through the homes deserted halls, a throat burning cry for relief- for the suffering to cease.

The sound of a piano key sounded from the parlour many floors below the outcries of torturous affliction, weakly and amateurishly played by a man who lacked any musical talent- nor the stomach to witness the marvellous event occurring floors above his head.

Blood stained the white linens below the red headed madam, her brow furrowed as perspiration soaked her blanched complexion.

"Madame Viotto, I must insist you begin pushing once more," the bonne instructed as the healer performed cleansing charms on the newly born daughter- first born heir- of the Viotto inheritance.

Avalon's screams of pain sounded off the dark walls, her head fell back as her whole lower body stung and ached in treacherous agony she had only just experienced birthing her first of two daughters.

"A little more, Madame," the bonne encouraged, the head of the final child coming into view.

The red headed woman's face drained off all pigment, her eyes fell back in her head as the most strained, painful cry escaped her lips as no such affliction imaginable coursed through her whole being.

"What in merlins name is happening!" the Viotto bride swore, tears streaming down her sickly face.

"It is 'ze baby, Madame," the bonne informed with a troubled edge to her timbre. "She is biting you as to not leave 'ze womb."

"Biting?!" Avalon exclaimed, "what child bites as they are delivered?"

"I 'ave no clue, I 'ave never see such a thing before," the bonne fumbled.

More and more blood began to pool below the weeping woman as her second child fought against her delivery into the wizarding world, biting and clinging to anything her minuscule hands could grab.

"I must urge you to push again, Madame Viotto" the bonne insisted, trying to grasp the infants head to try pull her out.

Avalon's cries could be heard as far as the edge of Virginia Water, the agony and exhaustion reeked in her yells.

"A little more, Madame," the bonne encouraged. "She is almost 'ere!"

Avalon directed what little energy she possessed to the final push, her throat burning dry with the last, strained, scream.

As soon as the agonising pained cries of the Viotto woman came, they were soon replaced by the newborn wails of a tiny infant, covered in the coat of her mother's womb.

"'Tis another girl, Madame," the bonne informed gleefully, cradling the wailing infant in her arms as the mother settled down. "Identical to the last!"