Chapter 5- Shared dreams

(!!TW!!- mentions of sociopaths, blood and death)

Odette Viotto-

The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.

-Camille Paglia

Odette's gaze lingered a moment too long at the pale skinned boy sat a few rows from her in their Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom- watching him with countless suspicions running a marathon within her mind.

Professor Peregine Griffiths was appointed the position after the death of the last- she is a kindhearted halfblood witch, a former Gryffindor and longtime friend of Minerva McGonagall (how she managed to achieve the position).

Her teaching methods were evidently more efficient, as Odette managed to retain every word she spoke easily without missing nor misunderstanding a thing.

Though she tried her utmost best to keep her attention fixated on the lesson being taught, her mind continued to wander and create potential scenarios.

Images of destruction and death flooded her eyes, with the blonde boy sat only a few feet away from her stood antagonistically watching over his proud work.

Odette had many guesses, many valid suspicions that he is the new dark wizard frightening the world once more- he had already pled his allegiance to the previous, the mark of a loyal follower marked on his forearm proving so.

She made a mental note to keep an eye on the former death eater, making sure to take notice of any odd or dubious actions he may take.

༺⚘༻

"It's time Miss Viotto... everyone is gathered down by their graves, we're just waiting on you" a kind man speaks, though Odette does not respond.

She stands motionless, a vacant expression- hands clasped tightly together in front of her in a professional manner.

"I know it's hard, but we must begin" the man leads the two of them out to the crowd of people dressed in black.

It was raining, the sky littered with clouds as grey as stone.

The weather was perfect for the occasion, dull and depressing.

Odette held the umbrella in her right hand, her other fidgeted with the hem of her black lace dress.— The fine fabric felt warm and soft against her frost bitten hand.

As she approached the sea of dark clothing and sorrowful faces, they all spared their condolences to Odette- most sounding unconvincing and forced.

Odette stands alone beside the two headstones with her mother and father names engraved- her netted veil doing her a kindness by masking her emotionless face.

Ever since she saw her parents lifeless, she hadn't felt a single emotion.

She would lie, however, to whoever seemed concerned or expected her to be distraught— not wanting to appear sociopathic.

Odette observed as they lowered the identical coffins six feet under, down to rest forever within the earth.

Not even a tear stung at the corner of her eyes, there was no moisture left within her glands.— Her hand gripped the umbrella handle even tighter, her knuckles shinning brightly through her pale skin.