Chapter 16- Nowhere is safe

Odette Viotto-

Odette Viotto-

You are not the heaviness sitting inside of you. You are not the battlefield where the bodies fall, and you are not the sound of cannons breaking the open sky. You are what happens after the war. The surging. The healing. The rebuilding.

- Y.Z, for the bad nights.

Odette woke with a frost bitten nose. The room was freezing cold, she glanced to her right to notice her bedroom door open a couple of inches despite remembering it to be shut when she fell asleep the previous night.

Orange beams of early morning sunlight illuminated the dark room in a soft golden glow, though no heat traveled with the light beams.

Odette got out of bed, curious as to just who had clearly been in her room.

She exited to the hallway, it was just as cold as her bedroom- so cold she could see her breath.

The wooden floor was cold against her feet as she walked the length of the hallway- glancing in each room she passed.

She expected it to be have been the boy that had entered her room as she slept, but why? she was unsure.

He was staying in one of the bedrooms on the fourth floor, wishing to be as far from Odette as possible.

A floor board creaked suddenly from somewhere in the house, the girl couldn't pin point where it came from.

Another sound sounded from the ground floor, so she began heading in that direction until another noise emitted from the floor above.

The girl was annoyed at the boy now, assuming him to be playing tricks to annoy her as he had done in the previous days- now knowing the ways to easily irritate his housemate.

Odette headed for the fourth floor, ready to confront the boy.

She approached his door in quick steps, reaching out to twist the golden door knob- but before she could lace her fingers around the fine metal, the door swung open in front of her, a hand reached out, grasping her upper arm and dragging her into the darkness that engulfed the boys bedroom.

"Get off, bloody hell" Odette exclaimed, pulling the boys hand off her arm.

"Will you shut that retched mouth of yours for once in your life, Viotto" the Malfoy heir scoffed, placing a cold hand over the girls mouth to silence any snide comments.

Odette clawed at his hand, but the boy grasped both wrists in one swift movement- demobilising her entirely.

"They're here" he spoke in a low whisper.