Chapter 9- Hallucinations

(!!content warning!! This chapter will include mentions of blood and violence- read with caution)

Odette Viotto-

I've been hurt so bad and I still love so hard. I admire my heart for that.

- Alexandra Elle, Words from a wanderer.

She awoke with heavy eyes to a room she vaguely remembers. A piano played a soft melody in a distant room, as the moonlight shone shadows of various shapes on her white attire.

Odette remembered this room to be of her and her late sisters old bedroom, the twin beds placed evenly apart against the far wall, two desks at either end of them-
- the large, eight feet tall window displaying the dark, snowy night stood tall in front of Odette.

The room was dark, cold and empty. The same way she last remembered it to be during her final look in.

After her sisters death, Odette's mother and father boarded up the room, it became too hard for them to look in and be reminded of their daughter who was no longer with them.

Odette was moved to one of the many other rooms, kept away from her old one to keep the pain and memories of Odelia from destroying her.

The twins' names were still painted on the mahogany door, still visible between the gaps of the wooden beams that kept everyone out.

The sound of the piano fell silent in the distance, but was soon replaced by muffled voices yelling.

It was Odette's mother's voice, yelling to her father whose voice sounded not long after.

Odette rose from the ground, looking down to see she was dressed in the same torn, blood stained white gown she had found herself wearing in the snowy forest a few nights before.

"This isn't real..." Odette whispered to herself as she paced her old bedroom, it hadn't changed one bit since Odelia died... because no one had been in to do so.

The sound of her parents arguing in the distance continued, catching Odette's curiosity. She headed to the door of the room, slightly surprised that it opened despite her knowledge of it being locked away from the outside world.

Her home was exactly the same, just how she had left it before returning to Hogwarts in September- though it was freezing cold, dark, and still.— There was no life in the halls, it were as though nobody had lived in the house for centuries.

Ghosts roamed the halls, they were never sinister ghouls, always respectful of the Viotto family and their home- but now as the only living Viotto daughter walked the halls once more, they weren't anywhere to be seen.

Her bare, cut and bruised feet echoed off the hardwood floor as the home was bathed in silence, aside the distant argument.

Odette headed towards where she heard the voices, which she found to be emitting from the room dedicated to her mother's music- the grand piano sat spectacularly in the centre, Odelia's old cello sat untouched to the far left whereas Odette's violin was sat in its case by her stand by the large window overlooking the lake on the Viotto families land.

Her mother was still sat at the piano, leant over messaging her temples as Odette's father paced the room with an exasperated expression.