Chapter 8: Mission

Toshiro's POV

        The Hell Butterfly flew out of the office. There was a disturbance in Karakura Town which doesn't surprise me. Karakura Town has been targeted by Hollows ever since the Aizen incident. Supposedly, the amount of Hollows in Karakura Town is rising and dropping dramatically at unimaginable speeds. This is all not Ichigo Kurosaki's doing from what I suspect but they have no definite evidence to back up my theory. I would say that he kills Hollows at a steady pace, like many Soul Reapers stationed in the Human World.

        So, I must gather a group of a few ranked Soul Reapers, preferably from my squad, and lead them into the Human World to see what exactly is going on. Rangiku will have to come. I do not trust her being in charge of my squad while I'm away. 3rd Seat Hyata is moderately responsible, so he will have to do. I suppose I'll bring 4th Ryusaki and Aika and that should be enough for the trip. The mission will only be a week long, if that.

        "Rangiku!" I shouted, causing the lieutenant to scream and fall off of the couch. "I need you to go get our third, fourth, and fifth seats." 

        "Alright." She stood up and stretched out her arms. "Does this have something to do with whatever that Hell Butterfly was here for?" she groaned.

        "Yes," I spoke, "We're going on a mission to the Human World. 

        She squealed loudly and darted out the door.

Rangiku's POV

        I flash stepped down the hallways until I stopped at the third seat's door and knocked vigorously. A few seconds later, he slowly pulled open the door and yawned. 

        “Yeah Rangiku?" Hajime yawned while flattening down his messy brown hair.

        "Captain wants to see you," I spoke while just noticing he was only in boxers. "It would be nice if you put some clothes on, Hajime." He lazily grinned.

        “Don't act like you don't like what you see," he teased. I rolled my eyes. 

        "Just get some clothes on and then come out," I said while pushing him back inside. A couple minutes later, he came back out in his Shihaksho with his sword at his hip.

        "So what's this about?" he questioned.

        "You're not in trouble if that's what you're wondering. He just has an assignment for you, Takara, and Aika," I stated.

        "Aika?" 

        "Our new fifth seat." I stopped at Takara's door. "And I think a certain white haired captain has taken a liking to her," I sang.

        "Ukitake?" I sighed and held my head.

        "No, our captain," I slightly laughed. He smiled and I knocked on the door. Quickly, the door open to reveal the tall, blue haired fourth seat.

        “Hey Rangiku, Hajime," she grinned.

        "Captain has a mission for you. Come on," I stated. She nodded, grabbed her sword, and followed us out. 

        "Who else are we getting?" she asked.

        "Aika, the new fifth seat." I lead them to Aika's door and knocked.

        "The chick better be nice," Takara sighed while resting her hands behind her head. After a few moments of silence, I knocked again. Again, no answer from Aika. I sighed and let ourselves in.

        "Aika? Are you in here?" I called. I suddenly stopped in shock with what all she had done last night. Yesterday, this room had been boring and dull. Now, it looked like a dream bedroom for a five-year-old girl.

        "Damn! This girl is girly!" Hajime exclaimed.

        "That would be an understatement," Takara spoke. We looked across the room to see Aika, sound asleep in her bed.

        "Aika!" I whined while grabbing a pillow off of the couch. "Wake up!" I hit her head with the pillow twice. She wailed and rolled out of her bed. Her pink kimono with blue butterflies flying on it was sprawled across the floor beside her.

        "Yeah Rangiku?" she mumbled and then stood up while stretching her back.

        "We're going on a mission!"