Chapter 2: Squeezed to Death

Aika's POV

        I stumbled around the exit for a few minutes until I decided to give up and find someone to take me there. Luckily someone walked by just as soon as I gave up. 

        "Uh... Excuse me?" I spoke while raising my hand slightly up. He stopped. 

        "Yeah?" he asked while walking over to me. 

        "Can you show me to Squad 10?" I asked while straining my neck to look up at him. He was tall, very tall compared to me. I saw he had a lieutenant badge with the number six on his left arm. Probably why he's in the area. 

        "Shouldn't you know where it is by now?" he questioned. 

        "Well..." I spoke sheepishly. I felt so small. 

        "I guess I could. I'm going to Squad 13 anyway," he stated while rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled and we started walking. 

        "So what's your name Lieutenant?" I asked. He looked down at me. 

        "Renji Abarai. You're 9th seat Mori of Squad 5, right?" he asked. I nodded. 

        "How do you know who I am? I'm not in your squad," I stated. 

        "Almost every Soul Reaper knows who you are. You were just sent on a very important mission to protect a noble family and the many people who live near them," he said. My head started to throb. I rubbed my temples. Mission? 

        "I was sent on a mission?" I questioned. I don't remember any mission. 

        "Yeah, you came back last night. You were gone for about two weeks. Momo said you came back pretty badly injured," he stated. That explains the bandages. 

        "Okay," I said. We walked the rest of the way in silence. He probably thought I was weird for not remembering something I did just yesterday. Well, I would too. He left once we reached the entrance. I waved and thanked him for showing me the way then he left. Now where's their office? I walked through the hallways and found it with ease. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 

        "Come in," an emotionless voice called. I opened the door and bowed. Oh gosh, what's the captain's name? 

        "Captain-" 

        "AIKA!" a woman screamed while I screamed in response and then she gave me a death hug, making me drop all of the papers. 

        "Help... can't... breathe..." I choked out. 

        "Rangiku. You're going to sufficate her. Let go," the captain ordered. She let go and smiled at me. I fixed my hair where she messed it up. 

        "I, uh, brought some papers from Squad 5 and they're-" I started but then remember the papers are all over the floor. "Oh, I'm sorry, Captain. I'll pick these back up," I spoke while bending down and picking them up. 

        "Rangiku. You should help her since you're the one who cause her to drop them," he stated emotionlessly. She whined in response but still bent down and helped me pick them up. She handed them to me and I set them on the captain's desk, right beside a huge stack of other papers he needs to fill out. I heard him slightly sigh. 

        "Um, do you need any help, Captain... uh what's your name?" I asked sheepishly. He looked up at me. 

        "My name is Toshiro Hitsugaya," he stated. 

        "Well, do you need any help, Captain Hitsugaya?" I asked while leaning over his desk a little bit. 

        "I couldn't ask you for help. For one: you're not in my squad and most of this is my lieutenant's paperwork," he argued.

        "But that looks like a little too much paper work for one captain and you also look kind of tired," I spoke while leaning against his desk. 

        "If you insist," he mumbled while getting back to work. I took the papers I set down and some off the top of his stack, dividing the work in half. He doesn't seem to happy about it, but he'll thank me later.