Chapter 7: Butterflies

Aika's POV

        It had started to get late so I got up from the couch and picked up five of the boxes.

        "Captain Hitsugaya, are you going to show me to my room?" I questioned, causing him to stop glaring at the spot previously occupied by Rangiku.

        "Oh, yes I was. Sorry," he apologized while picking up the remaining boxes. He walked out of the door first and lead me down a few halls until he stopped at a door. He opened it and dropped the boxes by the door.

         "There, this is your room. Good night, Aika," he spoke and then closed the door. I looked around the room. A plain, boring bed in the back right corner with a small closet, night stand, and desk by it, a dull looking couch in the middle on the room in front of a large bookshelf, a small dining area to the right of the room, and a small door that I presume is a bathroom in the back left corner. 

        Man, this room looks so boring. I think I'll decorate the walls and furniture with something pretty. But first, I have to put everything away. 

        I unstrapped Kawachō from my belt and laid on her on top of the bed and opened the first box. Bathroom supplies. I picked up the box and kicked open the bathroom door and quickly placed everything in it's spot. I opened the next box. Sheets, blankets, pillow, bed spread, and a small, blue toy butterfly. I quickly unmade the bed and remade it to suit me and then looked in the next box. Kimono after kimono after kimono. I quickly put them in the dresser by my bed and opened the next box to see all of the Shihakshos and put them all in the closet. The next box contained personal supplies like brushes, hair bows, jewelry, and other things. The rest of the boxes contained decorations and other stuff for the apartment - curtains, pillows for the couch, rugs, plush toys, mats for the table, my own stash of favorite books, wall stick ons, a notepad with tons of drawings on each page, and my painting kit. I quickly put up the curtains, wall stick ons, and everything else where they were suppose the go. 

        The last thing I had left was my painting kit. I stared at it for a long time. Then I started glancing back and forth from the wall and the paints. The walls looks bare, even with my wall stickers. I dipped a thin brush in the black paint and before I knew it, I had drawn the outline of a butterfly. I hurried over to my bed, picked up Kawachō, and held her in the air vertically.

        "Kawachō, please manifest for me," I asked of her. Right after, the sword glowed a bright pink and formed into the figure of a girl about a foot and a half taller than me. Her bubblegum pink hair tumbled down just to her shoulders, her eyes had deep red irises that stood out against snow pale skin, and her kimono was a light blue hue with white frilly parts here and there with a headpiece to match. Kawachō was very beautiful in my eyes.

        "You called me, Ms. Aika?" she questioned.

        I nodded, "Yes. Do you mind helping me paint some butterflies on the walls? You know I think they're absolutely gorgeous." She shook her head.

        "Not at all," she spoke while closing her eyes. I nodded and colored in the wings of my butterfly while she started on hers. We continued to painted the butterflies to fly all around the room and I soon added little sparkles and wind movements around them.

        "Are you satisfied now, Ms. Aika?" she asked. I smiled brightly towards her.

        "Mh-hm! I love it!" I exclaimed. She smiled and nodded.

        "Good, I'm glad you do..." she trailed off and then looked down at her feet. I tilted my head to the side. "Um... Ms. Aika?"

        "Yes. What is it, Kawachō?" I asked, concern for my Zanpokto filling my body. She bit her lower lip. Why is this so hard for her to ask?

        "Um, do you feel... Do you feel any... Any butterflies in..." She was unable to finish her thoughts. So I guessed at what she would say.

        "In my stomach? No, why would I?" I questioned. She opened her mouth but then closed it back, changing her mind about saying something.

        "No, that's not what I-" She stopped herself again then shook her head. "Never mind that. You answered my questioned with your response," she smiled. I tilted my head again. If that's not what she was trying to ask, then what was it?

        "I'm going to go back to my sword form. Its time for you to go to bed. You have had a long day already and tomorrow is not going to be any shorter," she spoke and then transformed back into the purple and pink Zanpokto.

        She left me on a cliffhanger.