Chapter 12: Nuisance

Aika's POV

The three of us popped the Soul Candy into our mouths and quickly flashed out of the mall. We soon arrived to the outskirts of Karakura Town to witness the sight of dozens of Hollows. Captain Hitsugaya came just a moment after us.

"Let's get rid of these quickly," he stated.

"Yes sir!" we all saluted, and then the four of us flash stepped in different directions, each taking on a little army of Hollows. I quickly slashed through the mask of one and then went on to another. I dug my way in the center of the Hollows and continued to destroy them. It was starting to get frustrating though. Each time I would kill one, another would take it's place. I then swung my blade around in a large circle to space myself away from them. Immediately after that, I stuck my Zanpokto out in front of me.

"Flutter, Kawachō!" I called out. My blade quickly separated into the two butterfly swords and then, I was back to slashing away at Hollows. Soon, I was engulfed by a large mass. I then preceded to spin around as fast as possible, charging Kawachō's attack and simultaneously giving me some breathing room. Then, when Kawachō was illuminating with her pink glow, I put the two blades together.
"Chō' Kama!" I shouted as the pink beam shot through the remaining Hollows. Once the smoke cleared, I rushed to where the four of us originally were. Captain Hitsugaya, Rangiku, and Takara were all finished, each seemingly fine.

"Did you three have as many as I did?" I questioned.

"It seemed like the majority of them were focused on you," Rangiku stated. I tilted my head to the side.

"But why? Why would so many Hollows be after me?" I asked.

"We don't know why Hollows do what they do. It's possible they realized you were the weakest and thought you would be the easiest to take down. You do remember that they crave the soul of a Soul Reaper, right?" Captain Hitsugaya spoke. My shoulders fell and I looked slightly down.

"I do," I sighed.

"Don't be upset over it. Hollows are mindless and only act upon animal instincts," Captain stated.
"You don't have to lie, Captain. I'm perfectly fine over the situation. Yes, I was just about to become a tasty appetizer for some Hollows, but I could care less. I know Hollows think. Some are smarter than others and some are mindless animals, like you said. I don't take any offense to it. I know I'm the weakest one here, and it doesn't matter. I am perfectly capable of defeating some pesky Hollows and that's all that matters to me," I spoke while ending it all with a smile. Captain Hitsugaya then gave me a small smile.

"Well, alright. If it doesn't bother you, then I won't try to console you over it." He then gave his attention to all of us. "We still need to find out why the Hollows are acting like this. So keep you guard up for any more Hollows sightings like this one."

"Yes sir," the three of us spoke. Suddenly, we felt a massive spiritual pressure. All of the air was knocked out of my lungs, and I was unable to breath. I fell to my knees while clutching my chest and struggling to breathe. Takara was breathing heavily and was slightly hunched over, and Rangiku and Captain Hitsugaya seemed untouched by it all.

I guess I am weak.

Suddenly, a large crack formed in the sky and I saw large, bony hands crawl out of it.

"What is that?" I breathed.

. "Um, Captain? Did the weather call for falling skies?" Takara questioned. Suddenly, hundreds of Hollows appeared around us and a roar came from the sky. A Menos Grande came out of the crack and was soon followed by many more of its kind. I felt the pressure increase and come much closer to us. The spiritual pressure felt somewhat like a Hollow, only much stronger and darker. I couldn't stand at all and it was getting harder to stay up on my knees. Captain Hitsugaya then killed a Menos Grande and Rangiku and Takara followed him. I felt the pressure coming closer and closer, pressing down on me harder and harder. Suddenly, I felt something grab my shoulder and pull me away from everything. My vision became blurry from the sudden increase in the spiritual pressure and then suddenly, the pressure was gone. It had let up to match the amount of a weak Hollow. My eyesight returned to normal and I quickly got up. In front of me was a girl with shoulder length silver hair and for her eyes, one was covered by a black and brown eye patch and the other was icy blue and glaring at me, daring me to do anything. She had a slight scowl on her face as she stood towards me with her arms crossed.

"Such a nuisance," she spat at me. I was shocked by what she said. How can she make such a remark when she has never met me?

"What do you mean?" I questioned. She laughed once, using it as a weapon.

She scoffed, "I mean what I say. You, Aika, are a nuisance."