Chapter 31: A Single Eye

Aika's POV

            Quickly, I pushed Kawachō in front of me, and she blocked Junko's fierce attack. Sparks flew as her soft smile soon grew into a maniacal, toothy grin. Crouching slightly under the pressure, I screamed and pushed her in the air. While doing a back flip, she landed gracefully on the ground.

            "Let's not waste time this fight, okay? Ever since you stole my eye, I've been dreaming of this fight." She held out her sword. Resting her fingernails on the blade, she scratched down. As the sword let out a short, scratchy cry, Junko shouted, "Screech, Cuervo!"

            White skeletal wings sprouted from her back as bones crept around her chest, hips, and parts of her arms and legs, ripping up her outfit. The ever growing bones finally formed around her fingers and the left side of her face. On her fingers, the bones grew into jagged, deathly sharp claws and on her face, the bones formed into some type of hair piece. It clawed and reached for the sky as it ripped off her eye patch and tore out the left half of her hair. Finally, her good eye turned a fiery red as flames seemed to flutter off and her blind eye tinted pink while red cracks formed around the edges. A smirk flashed on her face.

              "Ever since we first fought, I have dreamed of having you all to myself. Of having you to myself so I could rip at your flesh, stomp your head into a bloody mess!" She laughed. "This moment! I have been waiting, praying for this day! The day I can finally destroy that pretty face of yours and use it as a door mat." She laughed once more. "I can't wait for that time to come, but I don't want this torture to stop," she spoke with a devilish grin.

              I continued to star at her with a blank look. But inside, I wanted to vomit. I just want to lie down, puke, and cry. I'm almost there Miki. I just have to hold on a little longer and survive this battle with this homicidal maniac. Fatigue washed over me and my stomach growled. My head pounded and I was suddenly lost for air. I have to do this. Now or never.

             "How about we end this quickly?" I suggested softly as a pink flam grew from my spiritual pressure. She rolled a single eye and charged at me once again. I ran at her and swung for her side. She stopped my attack with her claws and swung with her left hand. I blocked with my other sword. She laughed.

             "Huh, looks like we're in a stalemate. If someone moves, they'll get cut down," she spoke. I softly smiled and glanced at my sword. A pink light had slowly grown to reach about half way up each blade. She followed my gaze and gasped. She quickly adjusted her hand so she could grab the blade. Kawachō sliced into her palm as she groaned and shoved me away. Her right hand was spewing out blood, showing nothing of her limp hand, but I know what I had done. I had cut through her palm and back through the muscle, stopping just at the bone. She'll be lucky if she could even twitch a finger on that hand now. She was panting from exerting so must energy to get me off.

            "Did you get stronger?" she mumbled.

            "Only if you would count remembering my strength. Though, I guess I should mention that I was holding back when I cut your eye," I stated. She huffed and smiled.

            "Well, damn. This is going to be more than I thought," she said as she regained herself. If she had not moved, I would have struck her at point blank range, killing her instantly. So she sacrificed her right hand. Kawachō slowly gained power. She takes twice as long when I don't spin, but she is twice as powerful.

            Junko flapped her skeletal wings and flew above me. She raised her hand and swiped it through the air. Black-green droplets formed in the dark red cut she created and they rained down rapidly. Holding out my hand, I let a couple of droplets pool in my hand. Instantaneously, my hand burned and sizzled. It sung, cut, and ate away at my flesh. I yelped and shook off the green rain. The acidic substance continued to pour down through the cut, burning through my clothes, eating away at my skin, and giving me sizzling, blistered, red spots all over my skin. I flashed stepped away from the cut and stared at the laughing Junko who slowly floated to the ground.

            "I really can't believe you just stood there for that long in acid!" She continued to laugh. "I mean how dumb can you-!" She cut off when I flashed in front of her. She tilted her head to the side. "Why the hell did you get near me?" she demanded.

            I grinned and held out my two butterfly swords, both now glowing bright fully in a brilliant pink. She gasped, but before she could react anymore, I released the pink beam directly onto her. The power built up within Kawachō jolted my body back, but I remained standing. I waited until the beam slowly dissipated. A deep, dark colored gash went on for thousands of feet. Taking Kawachō out of Shikai, I slowly jogged along the upturned sand.

            After about a mile of sand, I spotted Junko. She was a bloody mess. Her legs were gone, crushed into a mess of flesh and blood. Her left arm was snapped into three separate parts. Her right arm was thrown back and bent inward. Her spine and neck were broken and twisted in an awkward, unfathomable position. She looked broken, defeated. Dropping Kawachō, I took off the toy layer of my Shihakosho's top.

            "W... What are you doing?" she rasped.

            "Covering you," I stated as I dropped my top over her, only showing her head and shoulders. "It's painful to look at the mess I made." She smiled and huffed.

            "You were right... It did end... quickly." She paused to cough. Some blood sputtered out of her mouth. "Such a bitch," she mumbled. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

            "You know what I think?" I paused to make sure she heard me. She studied me with a half lidded eye, the blind eye had long since closed. "If we had met under different circumstances, if our roles were changed, or we had met each in a different lifetime..." I smiled. "I think, we could have been good friends." I stared at Junko to see her reaction. She stared at me, her expression unchanging and unreadable. Finally, a soft smile grazed her lips. She exhaled deeply. Then, she huffed. She began to cough violently, cracks along her neck and spine erupting during the coughing fit. Finally, she stopped and stared at me again.

             "Bullshit!" she coughed. I frowned and watched the remaining color fade from her single eye, her expression of tired pain frozen in time.

(A/N) So I stayed home from school today because I'm pretty sure I have a stomach bug. I've been listening to twenty one pilots and Three Days Grace on repeat all day, I played Guitar Hero Live, and made some shitty cookies.

And it's only 1:18.

It's been a pretty successful day so far.

Sorry if I suck at writing action scenes. I feel like whenever I write them, they go by WAY to fast, but, this has to be one of my favorites. Hope you like it! :--)