Chapter 21: -Suddenly-

Aika's POV

          We circled around each other for a few moments until we charged. We crossed blades and she put great force onto me and I was bent down. Crouching down slightly, I groaned from the force she was pressing on me.The blades were scratching against one another, creating a loud, irritating noise as sparks flew off from it. She growled loudly.

          "Uh! Why won't you squish already!" she yelled. Suddenly, the memory of earlier today flashed in my mind.

          After my defensive test, I limped over near the group of Soul Reapers. When I neared a group of guys, I tripped over a rock and fell towards a man. He quickly grabbed me under my arms and pulled me up, hugging me slightly. I looked up at the tall man.

          "Are you alright, Aika?" he questioned. I nodded.

          "I am, thanks to you," I spoke. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" He called me by my name, but I can't seem to remember ever telling him it.

          "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Minabu Takeda," he stated. "I only know your name because you're the fifth seat. I'm the eighteenth seat, by the way." I nodded. I stepped away from him, afraid that I was invading his personal space. "You know, you fought very well out there," he said with a big smile. I smiled back.

          "Thank you, Minabu. Personally, I was a little scared. I thought Hajime was really going to hurt me." I remember when he charged at me and I screamed. I can't believe I did that! Now I'm a little embarrassed for panicking so bad.

          "You do know that Hajime was told to fight at the level that each officer was seated at, right?" Minabu questioned. I shook my head. "If you were really fighting him, it would have been much harder to get him off of you when you crossed blades."

          "Then how would I push him off?"

          He exhaled loudly and ran a hand through his blonde buzz cut. "Well, anyway that you could exert more power. Raise your spiritual pressure or go into Shikai would probably be good." I nodded this time as I held onto my chin.

          Exert more spiritual pressure. Go into Shikai. Junko pushed me on my knees and I groaned from the weight.

          "Flutter," I choked out. I groaned again. "Kawachō!" My single katana then turned into a pair of butterfly swords. I positioned them into an 'X' and yelled as I finally pushed Junko off of me. She stumbled backwards.

          "Huh, you're finally showing some of the strength from the first time we fought." She rested her sword by her leg. She looked to the half moon hanging high in the sky. She smirked. "If I remember right, it was just around here that we had our first battle."

          "I never fought you here!" I shouted, causing her head to snap back to me. She glared at me for a moment until she looked down and shook her head.

          She sighed, "Stupid, stupid girl." She took out a little jar with green sap in it that appeared to glow in the night. She held up her sword and smashed the bottle over the blade. She rubbed it all over the blade of her katana. "I guess I'll have to make you remember."

          "What is that stuff?" I demanded. She glared at me, smiled, and went back to rubbing the green sap over her sword.

          "Oh, nothing special. Just a certain poison that forces someone to regain loss memories. Hurts like a bitch, but it does the job." She held her sword up as the moonlight reflected off of it. "The only problem is that it has to be given through your blood stream. Kind of like an injection." She lowered her blade and pointed it at me. "But this will be so much more fun." 

          I widened my eyes as she disappeared form sight. I predicted that she would aim for my stomach, because she seems to want to fight me again. I quickly turned just barely out of the way as I saw her stab the air that was just occupied by me. Her expression showed shock. I took the chance and swung at her backside. She screamed and fell to the ground. I flash stepped about thirty feet away.

          Junko slowly stood up. "You got me," she breathed. She put her hand on her back and looked at it to see that it was covered in blood. "You actually hurt me." She suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. "Finally!" she cheered. Once she stopped laughing, she spoke once more, "You're finally regaining your strength. Lord Katsuo will be very please with this."

          Before I could do anything else, I felt something sharp being plunged through my body. I looked down at my stomach as saw the tip of a sword sticking out. It continued to grow as the pain quickly followed. Some blood dripped out of the corner of my mouth. I turned my head to see Junko standing behind me, smiling maniacally. She moved closer to my head until her mouth was just beside my ear.

          "I can't wait till our next fight, Aika," she whispered. She pulled her sword out of my body as I fell limply to the ground. "Until then!" I felt her presence quickly disappear. I saw flashes of memory run across my eyes for a few moments.

          But then suddenly-

          I

                    could

                              remember

                                        everything.

(A/N) OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY KEPT A PROMISE. I'm honestly proud of myself. Even though it is 10:44 p.m on Tuesday night as I write this, it IS Tuesday, so I kept my promise! I deserve chocolate honestly...

So, yeah. I'll try to keep this routine of updating every other day. So next will be Thursday I believe. Hope you guys like it! And I'm glad I saw a few people actually reading it after the long hiatus I took. That means a lot of me honestly.

Thank you, seriously. It means more than most people can ever imagine. :--)