Chapter 13: Forgetful

Aika's POV

I stared at her in disbelief. Why is she calling me this?

"Can you tell me why you are saying this?" I tried.

She huffed, "Because you are. Why would I need to lie to you?"

"Who are you?" I demanded while taking out Kawachō. She started laughing.

"Do you really think that you can take me on?" she seethed. She laughed even more. "You're dumber than I thought you were." She was starting to confuse me even more, so I started to trace her spiritual pressure. It was weak, but only because she was obviously suppressing it. It was demonic, like a Hollow's only much scarier, darker, and more dangerous. What is she?

"Hey!" she demanded while snapping her fingers a couple times. "Don't zone out on me. So, are you going to fight me or what?" She pulled out her blade: black with white rims and a skeletal hand clawing where the guard should be. I felt her spiritual again before I readied my own sword. Yes, she is definitely a Hollow.

"You're a Hollow," I stated. Her eyes widened as if she was taken back a slight bit.

"Hell yeah!" she exclaimed. "What gave it away? Would it be the Hollow hole threw my ankle?" She gestured to her ankle, pointing out the very obvious - but just finally noticed by me - Hollow hole piercing threw her leg.

"If you are a Hollow, then I have to kill you," I stated. She started cackling after I said that.

"You, kill me?" She laughed even more until tears slid out of her eyes. She wiped then away. "Oh, that's a riot! That false hope you have of possibly defeating an Arrancar with my level of strength!" She laughed some after that, but soon finished. Arrancar?

"So, you really believe that you are that strong? And that I couldn't defeat you?" I questioned, slightly bewildered. She rushed over to me and stop just a foot away.

"The first question: yes, I really do. The second question: yes, most definitely in your current condition. Especially since I have gotten stronger," she seethed. I jumped back to give myself space.
"No matter what you say, we will fight," I stated without emotion. She grinned.

"Alright, I'll honor that," she spoke. "I won't kill you though, so no need to worry about losing. Just fight!" 

She then disappeared and my eyes widened. Where could she have gone? Suddenly, I felt something cut through my back. I wailed and then jumped away while falling to the ground. The grass around me stained a dark red from my blood. She walked in front of me for a moment. I took a swing at her and she disappeared once again. I searched for her pressure and found it just in time for her to swing again. Not having enough time to block, I jumped out of the way, rolling down the hill, leaving a crimson trail behind me. She ran after me and sliced at the grass at my sides. Jumping up, I swung at her again, and she easily avoided my attack. I ran away from her as fast as I could. Once I had a fair amount of distance between her, I stuck out my blade.

I shouted, "Flutter, Kawach-Ah!" I screamed when she slashed at my sword, snapping it in half. I gasped at the sight of Kawachō, cut in two with miniature fragments surrounding her. While I was distracted, she slashed at me again, this time across my chest. I wailed and then fell to the ground. She slowly walked up to me and glared down at me. A slow, deep red pool of blood started to engulf me.

"Didn't I tell you? I am much stronger than you and there was no possible way you could have defeated me," she stated while putting her sword in it's sheath.

"You're name... What is it?" I managed to choke out. She smiled while huffing.

"You're a forgetful little being, aren't you?" she mumbled. "Junko. My name is Junko. You'll see me again, you can count of that, Aika." Then she disappeared out of sight while my own sight faded to black.