Chapter 23: Tears and Love

Hajime's POV

          "For God's sake, I can't believe he's making me do this, again!" Takara exclaimed as she gulped down another bowl of liquor. Her head bobbed slightly to the side as her cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. "Can't he just hire a babysitter or something? It's not like he's paying me extra or anything, so this is like slavery!" She threw her bowl at the wall. It shattered roughly against the hardwood. "It's not fair," Takara mumbled as she reached for the bottle. I quickly grabbed it and held it out of her reach.

          "I think you've had enough," I spoke as I set it on a high shelf, way out of her reach. "You're starting to act a bit loopy."

          "I'll stop when I'm drunk!" she shouted as she stood up, stumbling some, and jumped for the bottle. I sighed as I stood up.

          "You are drunk," I mumbled as I grabbed her legs and carried her over my shoulder.

          "No, I'm not!" she whined as I set her back down in the chair at Aika's bedside. Aika had been unconscious for three days since the attack in Hokutan, and, once again, Toshiro is making Takara watch over her. I decided to keep her company once again, because, well, I really care for Takara, and I know how much of a living hell it is to just sit in a room all day doing absolutely nothing.

          "Takara, just take a nap and sleep it off, okay?" I suggested as I sat down in the chair beside her. She look over at me and smiled. She then moved sideways in the chair and stretched out, letting her legs hang over the armrest and her head and back against my side. I scowled slightly. 

          "Takara, this is not comfortable." Her eyes flickered open. She frowned slightly, but her smile soon grew back. She stood up and then sat back down, only to sit on me. I raised an eyebrow as she adjusted to where her legs were hanging on the armrest and her arms were wrapped around my neck, so that she could support her upper body up.

          She moaned, "Goodnight." She snuggled her head into my chest once more and then she fell asleep. I smiled and hugged her side.

          "Jesus," I mumbled while grinning bigger. I sat there at least an hour, just so I wouldn't wake her up. I looked at the clocked to my left. It read 10:57 at night. We've been here all day. I heard the door open, so my eyes shot to that direction.

          "Takara, the captain said that you should go to bed and that you don't need to show-" Rangiku spoke, suddenly stopping when she looked in my direction. I put one finger of my mouth, signaling her to shut up. Her eyes brightened and her grin grew fast.

          "Oh my God!" she squealed while clapping and jumping up and down. Takara and Aika both stirred in their sleep. Takara slowly woke up; Aika only turned to her side.

          "Rangiku! You woke her up!" I shouted. She giggled.

          "Stay right there. I have to go get my camera!" she sang as she rushed out of the room. Takara looked at me, nearly all of the sake out of her system. She would act normally now. She looked me in the eyes and opened her mouth, but she didn't say anything.

          "I'm sorry for acting so stupid when I was drunk," she finally said. She stared into my eyes, the aqua blue color suddenly sparkling. I held her slightly closer to me.

          "There's no need to apologize," I spoke. She placed her hand on my cheek.

          "Are you drunk? Your cheeks are red," she questioned. I smiled and placed my hand on top of her's.

          "Alcohol has never made me blush," I spoke with a genuine smile.

          "Hajime, I-" Slowly, I leaned towards her and gently kissed her. She smiled immediately into the kiss. 

          For once, I actually kissed a girl without a lustful intention. And honestly, I wasn't ever any happier.

          Soon after, we parted and only looked at each other.

          "Takara, I honestly do love you." I laughed softly. "I'm actually surprised that you don't think I'm lying. You know my reputation." She grinned.

          "I know that I can believe you. If you lied to me, I would chop your balls off, so I know you won't lie." She laughed afterwards. She looked me in the eyes. "But anyway, I really do love you, too, Hajime." I went to kiss her again, but I saw Aika jolt up behind her. Takara turned around and watched the scene. Her breathing was ragged and fast. She was holding her chest as tears spilled out of her eyes. She shook her head and balled her hands into fists.

          "Chou... Yoshie... Miki! Oh, God, Miki! He has her! He took her! ... Chou, Yoshie! I just- They were-! Gah!" She screamed loudly and started sobbing. "I abandoned them when they needed me most!" she cried. Takara jumped off my lap and rushed to Aika's side.

          "Aika, what's wrong?" Takara questioned, but Aika only continued to cry.

(A/N) Am I on time? I can't even remember anymore.

So anyway, I just read back over this after I wrote it probably over a year ago and I feel so upset. I don't like at all how Hajime admits to Takara that he likes her, but I'm too lazy to fix it. Maybe later. I like the ending though!

How you like this slightly shitty chapter! :--) Expect the next one Tuesday?