Chapter 9: Preparations

Aika's POV

"A mission? Already?" I questioned. I've been in this squad for one day now and I'm already being sent on a mission? Rangiku nodded her head.

"Yep! It's me, you, Captain, and Takara," she spoke.

"Takara?" I asked. The blue haired girl with her raised her hand and quickly waved.

"And Hajime will be watching over the squad while we're gone!" Rangiku exclaimed. I pointed to the brown haired boy.

"I assume you're Hajime," I spoke.

He huffed, "No, I'm Toshiro. I just grew a bit." He ended with a sly grin and then let out a few dry laughs. I cocked my head to the side at his sarcastic remark. He rolled his eyes.

"Well, Aika. We'll go wait outside while you change into your uniform," Rangiku stated while leading the two squad members out of my room. I quickly changed out of my night kimono and into my Shihaksho. I brushed my hair and clipped into my butterfly hair piece. I grabbed Kawachō and hurried out of the door.

"Can we get some breakfast before we go, Rangiku?" I asked. She nodded happily and we all left to cafeteria.

Hajime's POV

We waited in line for a few minutes and then sat down with our food at an empty table. I noticed about eleven girls staring at me: nine with love in their eyes and two with spite. It's starting to get annoying, with all of these girls I don't like practically throwing themselves at me. Some of them are very obnoxious because of them being extremely obvious about them wanting me. A couple of the girls are actually nice but I can't really see myself with a nice girl. And most of them are either ugly or stupid, and I don't want an ugly of stupid girlfriend. I can be lenient on looks but sometimes too much is just too much. Like if I can't tell if they're a guy or a girl. That... That is just too much. And I can't stand dumb people.

I think I'm going to be a little sad when Takara leaves. She is probably the girl I can stand the most. She's obviously pretty and has a killer sense of humor. But I guess I won't be in charge of this Hell hole of a squad for too long.

Takara's POV

Rangiku, Aika, and I started talking and I found out Aika's pretty alright. Turns out that she loves to paint, which explains the butterflies all over her room, and she loves poetry, which I find a bit strange but nobody's perfect. I thought everything that would come out of her mouth would be something nice, sweet, and sugar coated, but soon she made a snarky remark about how emotionless Captain Hitsugaya is but the way she said it, you had to figure out that she was actually saying something bad about him. I burst out laughing which caused her and Rangiku to look at me funny.

"Why are you laughing like that?" Rangiku asked.

"Wait a minute," I spoke while starting to calm down, "You didn't hear what she really said, did you?" Rangiku shook her head and Aika looked down at her lap while he face flushed. But soon, I noticed a smile appear on her face.

"Never mind, you had to be there," I said. Rangiku looked at me funny but then took another bite of her biscuit. 

I looked to my left to see Hajime, staring off at some girls as usual. He is such a womanizer. I bet that's all that's on his mind. 'Girls this,' and, 'Girls that.' 'Should I date her?' Or, 'I wonder what she's like?' Even, 'What should I do with her?' He's such a pervert. And nearly everything that comes out of his mouth is some cocky ass, sly remark. He's such a prick.

We finished up our breakfast and went back to Captain's and Rangiku's office.

Aika's POV

I was about to knock on the door to Captain's office when Rangiku just barged into the room, announcing loudly that she was back with the three seated officers below her. Then the captain scolded her about her just coming into their office so loudly. She then whined to him about him being mean and he sighed in annoyance. He then started back on his paperwork.

"Um, Captain Hitsugaya? Why was it that you called us here?" I questioned. He looked up from his paperwork and then set his pen down.

"Yes, thank you for reminding me." He stood up and walked towards us. "The Head Captain has requested that I lead a team of a few soul reapers from my squad to the human world. Apparently, there has been a disturbance in the amount of hollows in a certain area recently and the Soul Society needs to investigate and find out why. I have chosen my lieutenant and my fourth and fifth seats. I would like for 3rd Seat Hyata to watch over the squad in my time of absence. Is there any questions?" None of us said a word. "Alright then. Hyata, make sure that the squad stays in line while we're gone. Rangiku, Ryusaki, Aika, we will take our leave now," he stated. We all nodded and followed him to the Senkaimon. Soon, a Hell Butterfly flew to each of us and we were cleared and ready to go to the Human World.

(A/N) Sorry for not updating in months. I'm a forgetful piece of shit, so you have a right to hate me. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter because I have no idea what's in it. I actually wrote this about a year ago and just never published it. Heheh... Sorry.