Chapter 3: Friends of Something More?

Aika's POV

        After about two hours, I had finished my little stack of papers. I glanced over at Captain Hitsugaya and saw him put one paper to the side and grab the last paper he had to do. I smiled.

        "Captain Hitsugaya, I finished these papers," I stated as I stood up and placed the papers on his desk.

        "Thank you Mori, he stated. I sat on his desk and looked back at him.

        "I would like it if you called me Aika, Captain. Whenever I call people by their first name or I ask them to call me Aika, I think of them as a friend. So I would be happy for you to call me Aika, Captain Hitsugaya," I grinned.

        "If you call your friends by their first name," he spoke while he put the last paper to the side and then looked up at me, "and your friends call you by your first name, why haven't you call me Toshiro?"

        "Because even if we're friends or not, you are a captain and that would be disrespectful to call you Toshiro when you earned your title so I will call you Captain Hitsugaya and you can call me Aika!" I beamed. It wasn't big but I saw him slightly smile.

        "I guess you should go now, Aika," he stated. I looked outside and saw it was still bright. Maybe three or something like that.        

        "Aika! You should hang out with me!" Rangiku whined from the couch.

        "Oh, I guess I could. I didn't really have anything to do today or at least I think I don't," I spoke mumbling the last part.

        "YAY!" she squealed then grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door. We ran through the seretai. She nearly tore my arm off as she dragged me through the entire seretai.

        "Where are we going?!" I spoke loudly to her as she was still flash stepping. She stopped and looked at me.

        "We're going to go eat and drink, where else?" she questioned.

        "I don't drink," I stated.

        She pouted, "Well, we can still eat together right?"

        I sighed, "Yeah I guess but can I just follow you instead of being drug around like a rag doll?" She nodded and I followed her away. He stopped at a little building and walked in. We stopped at an empty table and sat down. The waiter came over.

        "I'll just have some mint tea," I stated.

        "I'll have some dried permissions and a bottle of sake," she beamed. The waiter nodded and left.

        "Now don't drink too much. I still kind of want to talk to a sober Rangiku," I joked.

        "Okay, okay. I'll only drink a little," she smiled. Then the waiter came back with our food and drinks. I took a sip of my mint tea.

        "So what do you think about Captain?" she questioned.

        "He's nice," I stated simply and then took another sip of my drink. She looked at me strangely for a second and then she smiled.

        "I'm mean in a dating type of way!" she giggled.

        "Oh... I don't know! I just met him. He is nice and I really don't know what it takes to be cute so that's all I have to say about him. He's nice," I spoke. She sighed and I shrugged my shoulders.

Toshiro's POV

        I watched as Rangiku pulled her out the office. I sat quietly for a few minutes, not really sure on what to do. I have never finished work this early in the day. Aika was a big help. Maybe I could request for her to be in my squad. Of course that would mean that she was being promoted. I would have to see how well she fights but until then, she may just come over here to hang out with Rangiku and I. She has come here before but I never paid attention to her and now, just after the first time I actually meet her, I can't get her out of my mind. If I tell Rangiku this, she'll immediately assume that I have a 'crush' and attempt to set me up with Aika. I'm pretty sure when other people meet new people, they start thinking about them when they have nothing to do. Today or tomorrow, I will ask her to spar with Rangiku and rank her where she could be and then ask Hirako if she could be transferred to my squad. I doubt he would mind, she is only his ninth seat. I stood up and lied down on the couch. I put my hands behind my head. I'll wake up when Rangiku comes back. It's not like I have anything else to do. Then I fell into a peaceful sleep.