Chapter 1: New Day

Aika's POV

        I slowly opened my eyes to a bright light. Normal day. Well, I hope it's a normal day. I got out of bed and hissed in pain. I quickly clutched my stomach and fell back onto my bed. I then softly whined. Why does my stomach hurt? I opened my kimono and saw bandages all around my stomach and chest. Then there were bandages wrapped loosely around my right leg. How did this happen? I searched through my mind but found... nothing. I huffed. Great, now I'm waking up with random injuries. I looked around my room until I saw my Zanpokto, Kawachō. I grabbed her and used her for support when I hobbled around my room. I quickly grabbed my uniform, slowly put it on, and stumbled over to my mirror and desk. I set Kawachō beside me and brushed through my pale blonde hair. I scanned my desk and saw a small book. A journal? I flipped it open and looked at the latest date.

        It's my third day as a Soul Reaper and it's been pretty good so far and also pretty boring. Nothing has happened except, I think she was the lieutenant of Squad 10, Rangiku I think, calling my cute and then squeezing the life out of me twice every day so far. She said she wants me to meet her captain because we look about the same age, but each time she brings me to the office, he's either asleep or has too much paperwork to pay any attention to her or me.

        I flipped the page and all that was there was a piece of torn paper. Who ripped this? The rest of the paper was blank but it had little dark spots scattered on it. Like someone had dripped water on it. I sighed and held my head. Okay, that helps none about me being hurt. I sighed again and closed it. I tied my hair up and put my butterfly headpiece in. I grabbed Kawachō again and walked out of the room, into the hallway. I stood there for only a second before I was greeted by a short, but taller than me, black haired girl. I quickly straightened up and placed Kawachō on my side. No one should see that I'm in pain. 

        "9th seat Mori," she spoke while stopping in front of me. 

        "Yeah?" I asked. 

        "I need you to deliver these papers to Squad 10," she stated while handing me the huge stack of papers. 

        "Okay, um, you're the lieutenant right?" I questioned while pointing to the lieutenant badge on her left arm. She nodded.

        "Yeah, my name is Momo Hinamori," she stated. 

        "Could you call me Aika? I don't like people calling me by my last name," I asked. She nodded. 

        "Of course, Aika. How's your wounds?" she questioned while pointing to my stomach. I slightly shook my head. 

        "Oh, don't worry about that Lieutenant. I'm doing fine," I spoke, waving it off. She nodded and turned around to leave.

        "Well, goodbye Aika!" she called then hurried off. I waved goodbye and found the exit to our barracks. I walked out of the building and took in the fresh sent of the morning. I smiled. I've always loved the morning and nature. Then, something snapped me out of my daze. Wait, which way is Squad 10?