Chapter 20: A Protector

Aika's POV

Once the top ten seated officers in my squad arrived at the White Road Gate, it was a opened by a very large Soul Reaper. We ran through and stopped soon after to wait for Captain Hitsugaya's instructions. To our surprise, he continue to run after we had all stopped.

"Captain! Where are you going?" the tenth seat, Nori Watanabe called after him.

"Don't worry about the captain. For now, we need to find the source of the Arrancar attack and make sure that every soul in the area is protected," Rangiku stated.

"Rangiku," I spoke. "Do you mind if I follow him? He may need assistance or something may be wrong."

"No, go right ahead," Rangiku said. "The rest of you, protect the souls!" I rushed after the captain. I flash stepped to the edge of the first district, Junrinan. Soon, I saw the captain who had stopped in a large field. With my sudden stop, the wind flew from behind me, blowing his and my hair slightly.

"Captain, are you alright?" I questioned. He continued to stare at the little house across the field. The house was in front of what would appeared to be a watermelon patch.

"Yes, I had just come to check up on the person who lived here," he stated after a long pause.

"Do you know this person?" He waited to reply again as another breeze came and blew my hair around again. I heard an explosion to the northeast.

"She's my grandmother," he stated.

"Well, Captain-" Another explosion to the northeast interrupted me. My head snapped to the sound to see a faint mushroom cloud. "We need to evacuate her from the area, now." Before he could decline, I flash stepped inside, picked up the old woman bridal style, and flash stepped back out. I put her on her feet. "Captain, is there anyone else in the immediate area?"

"No," he stated.

"Then I will go to the next two districts and help the rest of the squad defeat the Arrancars," I spoke. He nodded, and I flashed away.

While running through the second district, I noticed that many of the Hollows causing the attack weren't like Junko. Normal Soul Reapers should be able to control this. I followed the large amount of spiritual energy out of the second district and to Hokutan, the third district. That's when I saw attackers who looked more human and less like a monstrosity. Hajime was fighting an Arrancar with light brown hair and a dark blue scarf. Hajime swung towards his neck and the Arrancar disappeared, leaving his scarf behind. His neck revealed a deep Hollow hole. Takara was fighting an Arrancar girl with deep blue hair in a blue, mermaid like dress. In the center of the dress, was an opening to reveal her Hollow hole where her belly button should be. Takara and the girl crossed blades and glared at one another. Rangiku was knocked down by a boy Arrancar with pale blonde hair and ominous looking bat wings. The rest of the squad was taking on the other two Arrancars. 

I searched around for any Souls that were in danger when I spotted Junko. She was attacking a house when a girl Soul with shoulder length blonde hair and green eyes ran out with a sword. The girl argued with Junko for a moment when Junko went to attack her. I gasped and flash stepped in front of the girl.

"Aika," Junko seethed.

"Get out of here," I groaned from holding up Junko's weight. I turned to face the girl who was on the ground. "If there's anybody else in the house, get them out, too." Her eyes showed nothing but shock.

"Aika..." the girl mumbled.

"Hurry! Please, leave, Miss!" I shouted as I was pushed down a bit more. She nodded after a moment, ran inside, and ran back out while pulling along a girl who look very similar to her except her hair was tied into two, long pigtail and she had deep brown eyes. The brown eyed girl stared at me as the green eyed girl pulled her away. Turning my attention back to Junko, I yelled as I pushed her off me. I swung my sword out and Junko jumped off of me.

"So, are you ready to battle and lose once again, Aika?" she smirked. I stood up completely. A stern look grew on my face as I hardened my stance.

"No, I'm ready to battle and win, Junko."

(A/N) Okay! So, I'm done with my mass updating spree. I really doubt anybody is reading the story now, but that's my fault. I'll update every other day for as long as I can. Right now, I'm currently working on another story with my friend which we want to start publishing in December sometime. Also, swim team is going to start tomorrow, so I'll also be preoccupied with that. So, once I get through the remaining 14 chapters that I have already wrote, I'll try my best to find the time to finish this story up. I believe there was only going to be 40-some chapters, so I hope it won't be too much of a hassle. But for now, the next chapter will be on Tuesday and I'm going to try my best.

Also, if any of you like 5 Seconds of Summer, my friend and I are writing a story about them. That's what's been distracting me for so long. (Oops) So, if you do like them, be sure to check it out once we upload it. I'm not sure if it's going to be on her's or my Wattpad, but I'll be sure to tell you guys once it's up. And if you don't care, I'm sorry that you read through that for no purpose at all.

Anyway, love you guys if you're still reading my story even after that long hiatus! :-)