SIXTEEN

I had a bad feeling with Mrs. Blake. The way she looked at me expectantly, the way she hinted at me, the way she tested me. I had this all familiar feeling. Whenever I was around her, I would get this knot in my stomach. My third eye was twitching every time. 

But right now I was standing in the hallway with Scott, Stiles and Ethan, who was the only one of the twins that I appreciated, helping me once with the books I dropped. And I shipped him with Danny, who I think he genuinely cared about. 

I didn't hear any of their conversation, just Stiles threatening to shove mountain ash, wrapped in mistletoe up his-

Ethan groaned, saying that his brother was being attacked. We followed him to the boy's locker room where we found him about to crush Cora to death. I locked my eyes with his wrist and made him struggle, dropping the weight besides her. I rushed to Cora and saw that she was badly hurt. Her face softened when she looked at me,

"I'm fine (y/n)," she spoke softly, I turned around and saw Lydia spacing out, "are you hurt Lydia?" She looked at me but assured she was uninjured. 

I clean her wound, knowing that she would heal. She insisted that she was fine and needed to get home. Stiles then offered to ride her. I turned at him, raising my eyebrows at him. But he brushed past before he even saw my expression. He was just helping (y/n) I reassured myself. 

But the jealousy took over me and I decided I needed to keep an eye on them. 

"I'm going with them," I told Scott and Lydia.

Scott turned and laughed at me, "are you jealous (y/n)?"

I snapped at him with fake surprise, "what? No way! It's Stiles! He always finds a way to get into trouble."

Lydia then nudged me in the ribs, "you just don't want to admit it yet I get it."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not having this conversation right now," and then felt my whole body changing into a raven.

I was perked right outside Stiles's window, watching him argue with his father the sheriff and Cora was sitting right on his bed. I inched closer and listened to their conversation, 

"Dad you have to believe me okay?" cried out Stiles. I guess he just admitted to his father that the supernatural world was behind all of these deaths. 

"So what? You're telling me that your best friend Scott is a werewolf, Jackson was a lizard and that your girlfriend is a witch?" He shot back in disbelief, "what's next vampires?"

I snapped by head at the window. Were they talking about me right now?

"YES! What? No she's not my girlfriend," Stiles explained.

Sheriff Stilinski got up and told Stiles he had better and more important things to do than listen to his fairy tales. But he told him he had proof, motioning to Cora right besides him. This ought to be good, I thought. 

But before Cora could change and show her werewolf self, she collapsed. I croacked in surprise and flapped my wings trying to get their attention but no one seemed to notice. 

I followed the ambulance to the hospital and changed back to my human form,

"Stiles what happened?" I asked, grabbing him by the arm, he looked at me and stopped,

"I don't know she just collapsed," he then paused.

"What, what's wrong?" I asked, watching him with worry.

"How did you know?"

I had two seconds to think of something. 

"Intuition. If you hadn't noticed the Hales always turn out to need me. So guess it formed a bond."