EPILOGUE

You've been locked in there forever
And I just can't say goodbye

"Alright your move," I told Allison as I waited for her to move her pawn. We were playing chess. Stiles's favorite game. A game he taught me how to play. 

"Hmmm," Allison hummed, before she looked at me mischievously. She moved her pawn and said,

"Check mate." 

I groaned. I lost again. I was about to put the game away when I felt my body trembling. 

I tried to sit up but my body fell back down. 

"Whoa, are you okay? (y/n)?" Allison asked concerned. 

"Something's happening to me," I observed. It was true. I felt like my body was on fire. Like my soul was lit up with hellfire. I fell to the ground contorting in pain. 

I clutched my neck, clawing where I was bitten my vampire a lifetime ago. It felt like a worm was wriggling underneath and my blood (if I had some) was replaced by lava. When the pain subsided, I panted, getting up with the help of Allison. 

She laid me down, while checking over me, face creased with worry. 

"What's going on All? I feel like- ARRGHH"

"It looks like-" she muttered, "it looks like you're changing (y/n)"

"INTO WHAT? I'M DEAD! I CAN'T BE MORE DEAD!" I twisted in pain as the targeted area was now the chest, right where a stake was shoved into, poisoning my heart. 

I yelled and tried to claw myself out of the burning and the itching, but it felt progressively worse by the second and I blacked out from the pain. 

I opened my eyes and saw a white light. I blinked a few times, regaining my vision. I turned around and saw that I was at... Deaton's?

I recognized the pet x rays and the cold feeling of the table underneath. 

Wait. 

I'm not supposed to feel anything. 

I looked down at my hand and saw that I was moving it, I pinched myself and winced at the sight pain. 

"Doc she's awake," a voice pointed out. 

I saw Deaton's face right above me, with a flashlight shining into my eyes. I sat up straight and looked around. 

I saw Derek? Scott? 

"Stiles?" 

He chuckled when I muttered his name, "yeah it's me, Stiles." He reached forward and held out his hand. 

I grabbed it and felt it was warm against my cold body, 

"How do I know this is not a dream?" I whispered. 

Stiles grabbed my face and kissed me with eagerness, like he's been waiting for this moment for years if not a lifetime. 

"Yeah I'm not dreaming." I looked down at my body and saw that I had no wounds. No stake in the heart. I went to the closest reflective surface and saw that I had no fang mark either. 

"How is this possible?" I turned back at them, " I-"

"I died."

Stiles, stepped closer, holding my hand. 

"I know but I- we- found a way to bring you back," he smiled. 

"Stiles," I breathed, stepping back, "what am I?"

Before he had the time to answer my question, I picked up a scalpel and cut my wrist. 

I dropped the knife when I saw that it was red blood flowing out.

"Stiles what did you do?" I yelled.

"(y/n)," Derek's voice called out. I snapped my head at him. I could feel my body changing. I felt hungry. So hungry. Hungry for some...blood.

"you're a vampire."