EIGHT

I shifted into a raven in order to fly there faster. The raven's night vision helped me see how tall these woods stretched. I saw no movement expect the occasional deer or wild pets. When Beacon Hills High finally came to view I was going to land on the ground when I flawlessly shifted back to my human form. Not bad, considering I haven't shifted for a couple of years. 

My triumph was interrupted by a roar. I leaned in trying to pinpoint where it came from and it lead me towards stairs. I jumped down and saw on the heavy metal door 'boiler room'. What the fuck was going down there. 

I pressed my head against the cold door and listened for a sign. I counted five heart beats. I bit my lip unsure what to do next. Two wolves, but what about the three other? Before I had time to hesitate, I lifted the lock and painstakingly moved it which creaked loudly. I huffed and with my foot, tore the door down. 

I went in and saw that the boiler room was also a storage place. I ventured down and felt the air suffocating me. It smelled awful here, like... blood. I focused on the sounds around me and heard three little heartbeats, along with one that was thundering. I felt my body move by itself and led me to-

"Oh sorry!" I apologized as I bumped into, "Scott?"

He turned his head at me and furrowed his eyebrows, I knew what was coming next, "she's safe don't worry."

He nodded and looked back. I followed his gaze and spotted two bodies laying down, looking like they were viciously torn apart, deep claw marks on their body. And right between them... Derek knelt, out of breath, shirt torn, blood all over his face and chest. 

I gasped and pushed Scott out of my way. I knelt in the space between the badly beaten up werewolves and Derek. He looked shaken up, not noticing I was here. I held his chin up and made him look at me,

"Are you okay?" I asked. Of course he was not. He just fought two enraged werewolves and almost died. He didn't answer but instead blinked at me slowly and looked like he was about to pass out-

I reached for him, his heavy body falling into my arms. He reeked of blood, sweat and pain. I glanced back at Scott,

"He'll heal but I need to accelerate it. Go and look for the other person and make sure that they're ok," I nodded at him and he took off, smiling seeing how I was unconsciously helping them already. 

"Hey Derek, I need you to wake up-" I said as I wiped the blood away from his face. It stained his perfect cheekbones and if he were human he wouldn't have made it out alive. 

He groaned and whispered something about Cora. I looked at the still body next to me, the woman had her hair all in her face so I couldn't see. 

Was it his lover? I wondered. 

"I'll take care of her after," I assured as I laid his face on my lap. I looked down at his injuries and saw how deep they were. even with his werewolves abilities, it would take days maybe weeks to fully heal. I sighed and held out my hands that were trembling in front of me above his chest. 

I closed my eyes and channeled my energy as well as the moon's. I felt hot energy flowing out of my hand and I pictured it closing up Derek's wounds. But it felt awful. I was groaning in pain, I started to feel light headed but I knew that some wounds were still opened. My breath started hitching but then it stopped. I opened my eyes again, seeing shapes and colors. I exhaled and took a breath of hot air. 

"Why did you do that?" I snapped at the voice. Derek was wide awake, looking perfectly fine except that his face was stained with blood. He was... grinning?

I pushed him off my lap and got up, crossing my arms out. 

"Sorry, that was my primal instinct," I spat out, "helping people."

He got up and dusted his shirt. He lifted his slashed shirt and tattered his newly healed chest. It looked brand new and not like he was on the brink of death two minutes ago. His eyes met mine and I had trouble holding his gaze. He walked towards me and lifted my chin,

"You could've let me die but you didn't-"

"You were going to heal anyway, I just helped speeding up the process," I said crushing his ego.

"But why?" He said lowly in my ear. I felt goosebumps rising up on my arms. His body was pressing closer to mine, and I was getting nervous?

"Because they need you," I told him, referring to Scott and his friends, but as well as the slumbering bodies of werewolves. He didn't break the stare. 

He then brought his finger to my cheek and caressed it. His thumb then grazed the area where he cut to see if I was a Black or not. 

"You've healed too," he remarqued. 

I didn't answer and he pulled back, and looked at the two bodies of werewolves on the ground, 

"Thank you (y/n). Can you help me with these now?" He motioned at them. 

"What about Scott?"

"He's a big boy now, he can take care of himself."

I weighed my options. I could run the other way and pretend like this never existed and if was all a bad dream, even chug down a forget-me potion to make sure I forgot all about it. Or I could help them. Help these kids that had no idea of the gravity of the situation. I could be a coward and run away or I could help. 

"Okay, but I'm not carrying them," I smirked and he rolled his eyes.