TWENTY-SIX

I was less shaken up by the incident with Stiles. I knew that I hadn't been fair, not listening to his side of the story. I woke up in my apartment and decided to go down to go find Epsilon. 

I brought down a bowl and ca can of cat food, in case she was hungry. I called out for her and she seemed to fancy her new name. Appearing out from some rubbish, she marched towards me and sat down expectantly.

"Well if you weren't raised well," I chuckled. I emptied the can in her bowl and distanced myself from her. As I watched her eat, I got this strange feeling from the cat. It was like I knew her. She seemed so familiar, like she was part of me. I shook the feeling off, not wanting to think about anything that could stress me out. 

I went back to my apartment and changed into some fresh clothes. I wore a black and red plaid skirt paired with a black turtleneck, long-sleeved. I grabbed my special Black tea and walked out the door making sure that I locked it behind me. 

I decided it was the right time go thank Derek for his hospitality and his kindness for handing me tissues and feeding me. I stopped on my way at the donut store and brought a whole box of them. 

Realizing that my hands were full, I ordered the door to slide open by itself. And... I caught Derek putting a shirt.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed, but with a playful grin, "put a shirt on."

"What do you think I am doing right now?" he shot back, walking towards me, taking the box of donut and setting it down the wooden table. I threw my bag and placed my tea on the table. Derek opened the box and took a good sniff. He exhaled in delight and took a big bite, moaning in absolute ecstasy.

"These are the best donuts I have ever eaten in my life," he confirmed, his mouth full. He was now at his third donut and he had power sugar all over his face. I laughed and threw him a napkin. 

"You look like a kid," I pointed out, sipping my tea. 

He dusted his fingers and stole the tea right out of my hands and brought it to his lips. I yanked it out right out of his hand, spilling some on myself. I looked at him in absolute terror.

"WHAT do you think you're doing?" I shouted at him. He took a step back, uncertain.

"Well I was going to rinse my mouth? It's just tea right?"

"It's not just tea," I chuckled nervously, "it's black tea. One sip of this and it'll boil you from the inside."

He raised his eyebrows, "you can drink this but can't get over a boy who drunkly kissed a girl he thought was you?"

I set my tea down and walked to his face. We were inches apart and our bodies were almost pressed against each other. I smiled sweetly at him, before grabbing him by the collar and slamming him down on the table. 

"Don't test me Mr. Hale. I'm not exactly in the mood right now-"

We both turned around to the thing vibrating in my bag. Derek looked back at me, scoffing and smirking. 

"Holy- (y/n) is that a-"

"It's my phone dipshit," I said, digging up my phone. I looked and saw that... Scott's mom was calling me?

"Hey Mrs. Mccall, did something happen?"

"(y/n) hi! Uh, no nothing dangerous or threatening but Stiles just came in the hospital and he looked absolutely wrecked. Is there a way you could drop by?"

"What do you mean he 'looked absolutely wrecked'?" I looked back at Derek in worry, who was eavesdropping on the call. I flipped him off. 

"Like saying things that don't make sense and almost fainting kind of wrecked."

I nodded and told her I would be right there. After I hung up Derek crossed his arms. 

"What?" I said, already packing my bad, downing the last of my tea, "if he needs my help-"

"You still care about him. So go, don't make up excuses." I sighed and smiled at him. I went up to hug him, having his cologne filling my lungs. He patted my back before pushing away. 

"Go. And don't try to kill him. He won't be able to heal like us you know," he warned.

I changed discreetly back into my human form, entered the hospital and asked around for nurse Mccall. 

"Oh (y/n) you're here!" a voice cried out. I snapped my head and spotted Mrs. Mccall coming out of a patient's room. 

"I put Stiles on sedatives," she pulled me closer towards his room where I observed his chest slowly rising and falling. He was sleeping peacefully. 

"Poor kid was running on eight hour of sleep in three days."

I muttered a 'yeah' and looked at him sadly. 

"Is everything alright with you two?"

I turned at her. She looked momentarily frightened, but shot her hands up in defense. 

"He kept telling me about how he 'fucked up'. He said that if I saw you to tell you that he was truly sorry and he didn't feel like himself. Like... something was controlling him." I looked back at Stile's still figure. 

"He told me that you could test him with a truth serum if you wanted but..." she trailed looking at me, "I think he meant it, I've never seen him this worked up. Even with all the supernatural things going on in our lives, this is stressing him out the most."

I nodded silently. I put my hand on the handle.

"Can I go in?" She smiled and told me I could. 

I brought a chair next to Stiles's bedside and sat down. He looked so peaceful. His face was pale and he had these dark circles that dug deep. His hair was all messy. His lips looked dry and chapped, but even his tiredness, he looked so calm. I brought my hands to his face, but they hesitantly hovered above his hair. I brushed his hair away from his damp forehead and ran my fingers in his tangled, but soft hair. 

"Hey Stiles," I spoke in a low voice, "you're heavily sedated, so I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm not angry at you. Not anymore at least. I only have one life, even if it's been a pretty long one, I don't want to waste it to hold grudges."

I smiled, placing my hand on his forehead, "I know you didn't mean it. At least I hope you didn't. No matter what happens I know that deep down, I could never stay mad at you."

I moved my hand and tucked Stiles in. 

"I'll stay right here, okay?" Of course he didn't answer.