TWENTY-EIGHT

I woke up from the sound of my faucet leaking. I remembered closing it shut last night though. The droplets falling and echoing kept on persisting so I had no choice but to get out of bed and walk to my bathroom. I turned the handle and the water stopped leaking. I walked back to bed when I felt like I was being watched. The eerie feeling didn't leave me, but it felt close. Like it came from behind. I dared to turn and saw Stiles in the mirror. 

I ran up to the glass pane and began clawing, scratching, panicking. He looked hurt, tired and like he cried. 

"Stiles! What's happening?" I cried frantically. His mouth moved but I couldn't hear anything for some static noise. I had no electronics turned. It came from the mirror?

I noticed how he was still in his pajamas. How he had dirt on his face, leaves in his hair. 

"Stiles!" I banged on the mirror harder and harder. I kept calling his name but I couldn't hear what he was saying. He just stopped, and a single tear rolled down from his eyes. I slammed my fist square into the mirror, shattering it. 

I looked at my knuckle and saw that it was bleeding. Without wasting anymore time, I went and changed into warmer clothes, and flew to Stiles house. 

I was surprised to see Lydia and Aidan already there, staring at his walls. Then Scott turned up with Isaac. I used my beak and tapped on the window. Aidan opened it for me and I changed back. 

"I heard voices..." said Lydia when Scott asked how he knew. 

"I saw him in my mirror," I added. They all turned at me and bombarded me with questions, any hints of where he might be. 

"I DON'T KNOW!" I shouted, my eyes turning red for a split second. 

We agreed to go do down at the police station, to tell Stiles's dad. Lydia had a feeling that there might be a clue hidden in his room. I noticed that she still had my talisman around her neck, and was relieved enough to let her go and tag along with Scott and Isaac. 

"Is there anything I should know that they can't?" Sheriff Stilinski asked, pointing to his colleagues behind the door. 

"We don't know yet, but this definitely has something to with what happened with the tree," I suggested, "from my point of view anyway."

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. Suddenly my phone rang and saw that Lydia was calling. I put her on speaker. 

"Guys I know where he is. At Eichen house. Hurry up, it's freezing and if he's in his pajamas he's going to freeze to death."

I hung up. Sheriff yelled around for backup and we were already outside. Scott and Isaac climbed on his motorcycle. I saw that the sheriff was waiting for me to get in his car. 

"I can fly there," I said, "I'd get there faster-"

"What do you mean you can fly there?" Stiles's father exclaimed. 

I sighed and changed to a raven right in front of him. He moved back eyes wide. 

I'll go find him, I spoke into his mind and he was surprised to have heard it. I flew into the cold night air, blending with the shadow. 

When I arrived at the house, I immediately went for the basements. I plunged into the window, shattering it loudly. I changed back into a human form. 

I began searching the cold and empty room but found no traces of life. It was all dusty, not even a footprint. I heard shuffling outside and barged in Lydia, Scott, Stiles's dad and the rest.

"He's not here," I told them before they had the chance to say anything. 

"But- I swear I heard them telling me he would be here," Lydia whispered, tears swelling in her eyes. 

The sheriff started loosing his cool, shouting at Lydia. I stepped in front of her, pushing her back. He apologized but we understood. We were all worried about Stiles. Especially him. 

"They found him." I blurted out. They looked at me. Even I was unsure where that came from, but we heard a phone ring. Stile's father eyed me and picked up. We didn't hear much but his face dropped in relief. He hung up and came up to me pulling me into an embrace. 

"The Mccalls found him. I don't know how you knew that," he exhaled, pulling away, "but thank you. Thank you."

I shrugged and followed them to the hospital where they took him. I bit my lips in worry. How did I know that. The strange things were starting to affect me too. Not the usual things a Black would experience, but the Beacon Hills type of strange. I wondered how much time i had left before my family would come and try to kill me. 

"He's sleeping now," Stiles's dad informed us, walking out of the room. I held Lydia's hand comfortingly, telling her that it was okay to be wrong. It happens to the best of us. 

"Is your intuition ever wrong?" she spat out. 

My silence was the loudest answer. 

Scott dragged us away, telling us to stay calm and collected as things could take a weird turn. I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I walked back to Sheriff Stilinski. 

"If you ever need anything, I'll do my best to help."

He looked back and forth, "do you think he'll be okay? He's not getting any better." 

"I don't even know what's wrong with him."

I was back at the hospital with Scott, as they were running some tests on him today. Scott went in and told me to wait outside for a moment. 

(y/n) you can come in, a little voice said. 

I opened the door and saw Mrs. Mccall with the Sheriff. They waved at me and moved out of the way. My heart ached when I saw him like that. He was sitting on the MRI table, in a bathrobe. He looked pale and skeletal, his eyebags darker than ever. But when he saw me, his face lit up. I pulled him into a hug.

"You're freezing," I pointed out and he chuckled. 

"Keep hugging me, I'll start warming up."

And so I did. Maybe an eternity passed, before Scott eyed me signaling that the tests were going to start. I pulled away and looked at Stiles. He looked a little happier. 

"Do you want a kiss?" I asked smiling. 

"Do you even have to ask?"

I was waiting with Scott outside and saw Derek strolling up to us. I ran and hugged him. He squeezed me and sat next to me. 

I had no idea what they were talking about as I began drifting away. 

(y/n) be careful. He's not himself. Don't trust anything he says. 

Who are you talking about?

The boy. It's not him. 

Then what is it?

A shadow. 

I saw terrifying images flashing in my mind. I woke myself up, in a frenzy panting and shaking. 

No one was around I noticed. Scott and Derek left me. I calmed down, but the dream still lingering. It was never just a dream when you're a witch. It was a warning. Right above my head the lights started flickering. And the power momentarily went out. 

I began running around the halls, searching for Scott and Derek, but I heard something else. 

"If the oni can't defeat you, I know someone who will."