Chapter 7 Aelin PoV

Chapter 7

"Aelin. You. Look. Stunning!" Lysandra squealed from the doorframe of her closet. With the Gala just a few days away they needed to find dresses ASAP. The boys had it soo easy. Just wearing a black tux. Aelin had found this particular gem in the back of her Rifthold bedroom closet. The dress itself was a masterpiece. The whole thing black with gold trimmings. She'd boughten it for her 16th birthday party but the dress was too mature for her at the time.

Lysandra started going through the dresses and found a lovely silk green dress that made her eyes pop. And together they chosen a sky blue dress with gold detailing for Elide since she had yet joined them in rifthold. However her Sam and Ren would be joining them that evening.

Originally Sam was supposed to travel with her, Aedion, and Lysandra but he had chosen to stay behind to make sure Elide was safe. Aelin would be eternally grateful for Sams kind heart. He was way too good for the life they lived. He deserved so much more then blackmail, murders, and drug deals. But he wouldn't leave without her. Not after he confessed he loved her. However Aelin could not leave. Even if she wasn't the heir. She secretly enjoyed this life. But she hated it also.

The constant fear for your loved ones to be used against you. Of lose and betrayal, that feeli mg never truley went away.

Aedion called out to them saying lunch was ready. So Lysandra and Aelin found their comfort clothing to change back into.

Aedion was shoveling a sandwich into his mouth as he worked on his laptop. He was currently tracking shipments from Wendlyn. Normally they wouldn't trade with their cousins  but they would make a hell of a lot bigger profit from them if they actually received the shipment. But with the majority of the Cadre being in Terresan right now they took the risk. Luckily it seemed to be paying off. Our contact in dorenalle seemed to be doing her job well.

"Do you think Galan will be at the Gala? We haven't seen them in a few years."

"Most likely. We're the only family to not regularly attend any gatherings." Aedion replied. "I am curious as to why our parents decided that this year would be the year to attend. With all of us. Normally Rhoe and Evalin would only take Arobynn."

Humming in agreement Aelin said. "I am excited to see Nesryn and Sartaq again. I'm glad she found someone after her break with Chaol."

The trio chatted until they heard the security looks being unlocked. Then came Sam, Elide, and a pissed off Ren.

"What's gotten into you?" Aedion asked.

"Elide apparently forget to tell us that she put a tracker on Lorcan. It's been there for days. And on top of it. They figured out Sam and Elides identity so I had to go in the field. And some woman puked on me in the bar." Ren then stormed off toward his bedroom.

Coming over from the window Sam kissed Aelins head. "He's been like that for days now. We think it might be something else. But he won't really talk."

Elide claimed the seat next to Lysandra to grab a sandwich. "I already apologized for forgetting to mention I put a tracker on lorcan. Always, always put the tracker on the floor and have the person accidentally step on it. No one ever thinks about looking on the bottom of their shoes." She took a massive bite. "Please tell me you guys have already found me a dress. I absolutely despise shopping in smelly fish hole Rifthold."

"Yes we did. And Rifthold smells better than Bellhaven." Aelin said. Sam nodded in agreement taking a sandwich too. He sat next to Aedion.

Ren finally calmed down enough to eat a few bites before they went over their flight plan. Which had them on the red eye flight for the next night. Normally Aedion and Aelin wouldn't fly on the same flight. But it was just simply easier to do this.

Once night fell Sam followed Aelin to her bedroom. She was just basking in his presence as they started packing. He calmed her wild soul. Then once they were done he led her to the bed.

He pulled out a necklace. It was a stunning simple gold necklace. That almost looked like an eye. "This was one of my mothers necklaces. She claimed it had protection spells placed upon it from the ancient Fae warriors that used to roam these lands. I have a feeling you are going to need some extra protection. Especially if I can't always be by you." Those stunning brown eyes looked over to her. " Aelin,  I love you. And I will follow you anywhere. We have all the time in the world."