Chapter 12

Fenrys POV

Fenrys was having a delightful time over dinner. The tension between Rowan and Aelin could have cut Lorcans favorite dagger. Aedion it seemed to be having just as much fun.

There was something different about Aedion though. He and Aelin could have been twins easily enough. But there was something that didn't quite match the rest of the household. His mouth was a bit wider and eyes kinder than that of Rhoes. He was almost familiar....

Aelin was slowing picking away at her food. The chefs of the household knew how to cook, but it seemed they had learned what foods the Cadre did not like. And had prepared all of them. Rowan was staring at his pizza with so much distain. And Lorcan kept stabbing his fish. However Lorcan could just be pouting since Elide was "away" Fenrys had a feeling the giant of a man had a soft spot for the tiny spitfire.

Evalin was a gracious host, trying to make up for Aelins reproachful attitude but no one could quite get the heir to heel. Rowan it seemed to have an affect on her. He'd simple ask how she was doing that in turn had gave him a glare for the decades.  Rhoe didn't seem to mind letting his daughter dictate the mood for the night.

However they need to get down to business.

Aelin POV
"So." Fenrys began. He preened at the attention. If she were in the mood to make friends Fenrys would be a lovely friend. He seemed to have a bit of mischief quality about him.  "Where do we begin? Have you found any leads or anything?"

Aedion answered. "We're still searching for Archer Finn. We have contacts in Rifthold out looking. We've also debated bringing in the sessiz suikast. The heir owes Aelin a life debt. But we keep going back and forth on whether or not we want to "cash it in" so to speak."

At the mention of the sessiz suikast Rowans interest seemed to peak. His deep green eyes were for once lit with curiosity. But it was Lorcan the brute of a man who asked.

"You have a life debt from the sessiz suikast? How did you manage to do that? Is it all of them or just the heir?"

Aelin just simple shrugged her shoulders. "Technically it's for the Mute Master himself. I technically saved his life and many others in the compound when We were sent to train there for a month.." she sent a glare at their father. "It was supposed to be a sort of punishment though. After the whole Skulls Bay incident, Dad and Arobynn sent Sam and I to train. Then of course our last week there all hell broke loose with their rivals. Our assistance was very much appreciated."

Lorcan actually seemed impressed but Aedion continued on before they could ask anymore questions. "We have our techies combing through the the surveillance footage from the Gala and the hospital. That's where Elide is right now. We could only spare Ren for a second to get you guys from the airport. Only a select few of us know the secrete passages are to the estate."

Instead of inquiry more it surprised Aelin that Fenrys took over the meeting. Between him and Aedion there was really no reason for Aelin to interfere. Rhoe and Evalin did speak up when they thought Aedion had missed an important detail. But other than that the two blonds carried the whole meeting.

She felt eyes on her while she was picking at her cake. She looked up to the line green eyes of Rowan Whitethorn. The man was a piece of work. The way he carried himself he seemed timeless. He was all together a beautiful man. Even with the menacing glare he had permanently stitched on his face. The tattoo on the left side of his body was new though. She could tell it was of the old language. But could decipher it anymore than that.

He seemed to want to say something to her. But she just looked away. There was really nothing for him to say to her.

Rowan POV

Aelin like the first time he saw her in the coffee shop took his breath away. She was a beauty. Even though the lines of grief were all over her features. He wanted to say something to her. But nothing he would say could change anything that's happened.

Rowan was about to initiate a conversation with Aedion when Rhoes phone rang. He looked at the caller ID. "Arobynn. What's the report?"

The table went silent as everyone's eyes landed on Rhoe. His face blanched in color then turned red. "I'll send them now." He hung up then addressed Aelin.

"Go suit up. Archer Finn is in Terresan."

Faster than he could have blinked. Both Aelins and Aedion had ran out of the dinning room. Followed by Lorcan and Fenrys. Rowan went to follow. But was stopped by Evalin.

"Watch out for them. Sam was always the level headed out of the three of them. Without him I'm afraid Aedion and especially Aelin are going to have no self preservation. Now they went to the weapons room. Two halls over and the third door."

Rowan could only nod, then took off down the halls.