Epilogue

Epilogue
The silver haired man came up to the log cabin. He could hear a small toddler's gleeful giggle and its mother's laughter. He opened the front door to a sight he would never get used too.

His wife and daughter were sitting on the living room floor playing with an assortment of toys. The young girl with golden hair looked up at him. Her eyes, a bright shade of green matched his. "Dada!" She got up on wobbly legs and made her way too him. He immediately picked up, and spinning her.  Which sent her into another giggle fit.

The golden beauty got up with a wide grin on her face at the sight of her husband and child. "Hello Buzzard."

"Hi Fireheart." Kissing her he felt at home finally.

"So it's done then?" Nodding, she gave him a dazzling smile." So we can go home now?" Nodding again he gave her a soft smile.

After years of slowly so slowly killing Maeves followers they'd finally got the last one. Cairn wasn't the leader. But rather the executioner. He had sung like a canary as soon as Rowan started torturing him.

Erawan and Meave weren't just working with each other but they were lovers.

So the Cadre and the Galathynius family took it upon themselves to take revenge for Aelins murder.

But the sly little minx was already two steps ahead of them. She'd faked her death so her and their babe wouldn't be a target.

"Aedion sends his love." A pause as he kissed his wife. "He also says he's tired of the job and that you need to take your old position back."

Those beautiful remarkable eyes simmered in mirth. And a bit of longing.

"I guess it's time to start scheming and planning again."

Their daughter squirmed to be let back down to play. Gently sitting her down they watched as she wobbled back to her toys.

"Can I tell you what I think we should do first?"

"Tell me tomorrow buzzard."

For tomorrow they all would finally be going home.