Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Aedion POV

Aedion knew he would find his sister in the training room. Nowadays she was either in the training room or surveillance room going over the video from the hospital. He was worried about her health. She didn't even argue with Rhoe about having the Cadre come stay in the estate.

The Cadre and Rhoe had come to an agreement. They would work together until the shooter/bomber of the gala was either caught. Or killed. Aelin and Rowan definitely preferred the latter. Meave had stayed behind though along with Vaughn and Connell in Doranelle. Rowan, Fenrys, Lorcan, and Gavriel would be arriving that night.

Arobynn had taken off to Rifthold to hunt down Clarisse.  Archer Finn was her personal spy. However if someone were to meet the right price with him he'd gladly sell anyone out. That's what our team suspected when he shot Sam.

Sam was still a sore subject with Aelin. She'd only just confessed to him about asking Sam to marry her. Aelin had spent a lot of time in Rhoes office with their father. Not even Evalin was permitted into those meetings.

Aedion watched his sister hit the punching bag over and over again. She had some metal rock playing through the sound system. But she needed to shower and look more presentable for the Cadre Team. They were supposed to host a dinner for their arrival. A peace dinner amongst the two most deadly families known. It was almost comical.

"Ace." She ignored him and swung her leg around to hit the bag once more. "Ace come on. You know you need to get ready." He placed his hands on the bag to keep it from moving.

"Aedion. I don't want to do this anymore." He looked into the eyes that were twin to his own. Aelin rarely ever showed any emotion or weakness like this.

He gently pulled her into a hug. "I know. I'm sorry. We'll get through this Aelin."

Aelin POV

The house was quiet. Nothing like it was just a few weeks ago. Where Aedion and her would yell at each other for eating the rest of the cereal. Sam... Sam would just shake his head and find the back up box he knew that was always there.

Lysandra had gone to rifthold with Arobynn so it was just the main family greeting the cadre tonight. Elide would stay behind the scenes as much as possible. Just because we didn't know how Lorcan would react to her. He hadn't had a chance to talk to her at the gala before shit hit the fan.  And he wasn't known for his kindness.

Aelin decided she needed a shower after boxing. She would somehow pull herself together and become her insufferable self. If she didn't send at least one of the members off in a tizzy tonight then she be dissatisfied in herself.

Rowan POV

He slowly got onto the plane heading to Terresan. As much as he understood Maeves decision, he still didn't like the fact they were staying in the same house.

Rowan wanted to find Lyrias killer even though she has been an informant for the Galathynius family. She was in danger even before he had met her. She'd known who he was from the very beginning. But not knowing if her feelings for him were genuine or not would drive him mad.

Fenrys and Lorcan came aboard next. Then the doors were shutting.

"Where's Gavriel?" The 4th member of their team wasnt on board and didn't look like he would be joining them like the original plan was.

Lorcan gave him a funny look. "He's doing a job in rifthold for Maeve then he'll join us in Terresan."

Fenrys was quiet. Which was very uncharacteristic for the blond twin. He kept glancing out the plane's window as it took off drumming his fingers against the arm of the chair.

Lorcan, Fenrys, and Rowan went over the plan one last time before they decided to sleep. Even though it might have been an impossible task to some.
Rowan still found a way to sleep. They all had found out that you needed to find sleep whenever possible.

The plane landing jarred all three members awake. Once pulled into a stop they grabbed their bags and departed.

Fen looked at his phone and motioned them to follow. "Ren Allsbrook is over in that white suv to take us to the house."

Fenrys took the front seat which irritated lorcan since the man was pushing 7 feet he needed leg room but fen just held up his hand. The introductions were made even though they all knew of each other.

He and Ren chatted until they hit a tunnel underpass. Then Ren addressed them. "This is the back entrance to the house. Only with a member will you be able to gain access to enter through the gate. It's 5pm now. We'll eat around 7. Only the main family will be there though. Also. Try not to provoke Aelin. She's been ready to kill someone for days now."

Lorcan scoffed as Fenrys asked. "Is she really that bad right now?"

"Yes and no. She'd very... Sam was the only one that could bring her back into herself. Aedions been trying but trying to get her to see reason over this is like getting a boulder to move. I pity Archer Finn when she find him. He might have been the one in the hospital but he's the reason Sam was there in the first place."

Authors note.
So I had every intention to update yesterday. But we got a new puppy and I am in charge of her potty training. Y'all. She's a fucking handful. Like she's adorable and I love her. But I'm ready for her to be able to go down the porch steps by herself!

Anyway, I think I can stick with Monday updates with the occasional end of week additional update. Let's hope anyway!

As always let me know your thoughts! Or if you have any suggestions!