28

Chapter 28

Aelin POV

She'd set up surveillance cameras around the cabin incase anyone tried to track her here that wasn't Aedion.

Up untill a month ago she was going to go undercover in the BlackBeak family. She needed to know exactly how they operated on the inside. But she had made a mistake. Aelin had made a big mistake that would take months to resolve. So now she was in hiding.

She'd meant to find Rowan before hiding but it was crucial that she disappeared. Only Aedion knew exactly where she was. And Aedion was pissed off at her. And stressed. And worried. This would push them to finish off everything so much faster.

Typically she would set the alarms before she got into that shower. But must have forgotten this time.

Rowan was waiting for her. He was beautiful. His bright green eyes transfixed her. He was wearing dark gear and carried a backpack. His silver hair had grown out and he had scruff along his jawline. He was taking her in.

But then he finally glanced at her face. The hallowness of her cheeks. Her pale complexion. And a double take to her slightly swallow stomach. Aelin knew he'd figure it out once he saw her.

Her family had a history of infertility. So she though the one night she spent with Rowan wouldn't have any consequences. But what she carried was precious.
Rowan stubbled towards her. This man who could take down an entire empire without a single thought feel to his knees in front of her.

"To whatever end"

And that was all she needed to hear as she began to incorporate the cadre into their plans.

Aedion POV

She was standing there as beautiful as ever. He thought he had lost her. But when Aelin had pulled her from the rumble after the bombing he couldn't believe his eyes.

Sam had thrown Lysandra to the ground and covered her with his body. Shielding her from the worst of the explosion.

"You got a call from Elide. She says it's important." Lysandra said. Those bright green eyes shown bright.

She was acting more like a personal assistant. She'd lost any right to any other information she would have had access too before. Lys knew she needed to gain all of their trust back before she got reinstated.

Aedion dismissed her with his hand. Nodding she left the room.

He wanted nothing more than to hold her to him. But he didn't trust her. Not one bit. Elide and wanted to kill her. But Aelin had disagreed. Saying she would stay with us. That it wasn't smart to let her go. But killing her would be a shame and waste of talent. So untill Lysandra proved herself again. She was reduced to PA.

Elides voice was quick and to the point. Rowan had finally found Aelin. And no doubt knew her secret. Elide was pissed she didn't know. But we simply told her she would know in time. But she was currently with Lorcan. Which worked out perfectly.

We needed the Cadres help with our next plan.

"Bring Lorcan in. I'll get the twins tonight. This all ends in a month."

No doubt Rowan and Aelin would head back in the morning. Aedion would be waiting for his family.

And he would do anything for Aelin and the unborn babe.

Meave might had been their biggest rival family. But now they had other fish to fry.

For too long Erawan hid behind Perrington and Havilliard. He knew what strings he needed to pull for those two to do his bidding.

Aelin was absolutely insane for wanting to take them out. But it was necessary. Especially with a new babe coming into this world.