32

Chapter 32

He stripped the gun down to the last piece then he started putting the pieces back together. Once the gun formed again he started stripping it down again.
Repetition.
Repetition.
Again again.

He saw her eyes loose focus. Saw them loose the light.

Again the gun formed, the got stripped back down.

The last words she whispered to him.

I love you

He was going to find Cairn. Find him and skin him alive.

Her bloodied hand as it touched his face for the last time.

The last piece of the gun made a satisfying click as it slid into place.

Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius began the hunt.

Aedion POV

The service was today. A closed off affair. Only her inner court and Rowan were allowed to attend.

It was raining which seemed a little dramatic. But that was Aelins style after all. The theatrics would have pleased her.

Sam gave a eulogy. Aedion briefly wondered why Rowan hadn't given it. But one look over to the heir told him all he needed to know. There was frozen fury amongst his features. His green eyes dull. Unfocused as if lost in the moment Aelins hand fell from his face. His face now bore a wicked looking tattoo. Exactly where Aelin had last touch the man. Lorcan stood behind him.

All treaty's and alliances were off the table. Aelins murder in front of all the family's broke any and all accords.

It was a blur. A fever dream of events that followed aelins death.

Rowan had cradled her body to him and scream. Causing the frozen room to hurt into movement.

Evalin with tears down her beautifully contorted face stab Dorian senior in the sternum. Painting her golden hair red. Rhoe watched as his wife killed the other man then pulled out his hand gun to shoot Matron Blackbeak. Only to be beat to it by Manon.

Then it was full out war.

For a neutral peace abiding charity function they were all armed this year.

Aedion ran to were Rowan was with Aelin and grabbed them to get them out of the ballroom.

Just as Sam Cortland stumbled out of the hall leading to the stage with a bloody head.

Sam had been stationed there to keep Aelin safe. He'd been working undercover for months. Later we found out Cairn had tried to kill him by hitting him in the head with the butt of a gun. Then he held Aelin hostage.

Speaking of Cairn. He'd managed to escape.

Word was he was leading the half the Cadre that disagreed with allying next to the Galathynius. The ones that still supported Maeve in death.

They would all die. If not by his hand then by Rowans.

Sam finished his eulogy. Then the closed casket was laid to rest in their family's burial plot.

The moon hung high in the sky as the newly appointed heir to the Galathynius Family stepped towards the awaiting car to head to new head quarters.

Fenrys POV

Getting the bastard to speak made Fenrys smile in delight. Getting him to scream was music.

One of Cairns lackeys had pissed himself while they waited for Rowan to show up. He'd come from Aelins funeral. And was sure to be in murderous mood.

If anyone could find Cairns location it would be Rowan.

Rowan POV

After getting Cairns location out of that drug lackey he sat in the dark in the middle of a room. The room was in a new house built just for Cairn.

He was going to skin him alive. Burn him.

The Heir just waited.

Then the door opened. A hand fumbled for the light switch. Once light illuminated the room Cairn saw who was waiting for him.

And shit himself.

He should have worn brown pants.

Rowan smiled. A truley satanic smile. And got started.