Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Aelin POV

"It's almost been a month Aedion." Aelin said slouching in the only hospital room chair. Everyday she wasn't busy searching for the shooter she'd been by Sams bedside.

Due to, too much blood loss they had put him in a medically induced coma. Now they were just waiting for his organs to heal before waking him. They all had been trained in basic medical skills but Lysandra could barely stop the bleeding before the emts showed up. She looked like a picture from a horror scene.

When Aelin had turned around to see the green eyes of Archer Finn holding the gun it took her a second to try and understand why. Why one of their informants in Rifthold would shoot Sam. Why one of Sams friends would do such a thing. But before she could even take a step towards the green eyed man Aedion had thrown hisself on top of her as an explosive erupted on the other side of the ball room. Efficiently giving Archer a way out.

The room that was already in chaos became even more chaotic. Aelin watched as Elide was trying to help Lysandra with Sam. Her parents were being ushered out by Arobynn. Who had tears down his face for his son. Marion and Cal were right behind their daughter looking out for the three on the floor. Aedion was still on top of her using his body as a shield against the rubble .

The other family's were all doing similar movements throughout the ballroom.

Lorcan had grabbed Rowan and was dragging him away from a pillar that had fallen on top of the pretty brunette that had accompanied him. The moonbeam Twins were guarding Maeve through the back doors following Dorian Sr and Peter Westfall.

There had been meeting after meeting about the shooting and bombing of the event. The head of the family's shouting at each other, and at each other's throats. So the meetings never got far. However there were only two casualties, and two injuries.
One of the casualties had been the brunette, the other was Tumelun. The youngest daughter of the Khagan. The family understandably was in an uproar. Sam was one of the injuried the other a random guard for the Cadre.

Aedion had not left her side since the gala. He wouldn't either. Not until they had answers. Their family had sent everyone but Rhoe and Arobynn home. Evalin hadn't been happy that her children were staying behind but they were technically on a job. And she understood. Elide had pitched a fit when she heard she would be traveling back to their home. Their smallest member could be scarier than Rhoe when pissed. She had even made her dads face go white at one point.

Today her father was meeting with Meave and the Khagan. She assumed it was to unite their forces so they could catch whoever did this. Her and Aedion were supposed to attend along Rowan and Sartaq. But the meeting was in a few hours so she decided to stop by to see Sam.

She reached across the bed to hold his cold hand. He had promised her all the time in the world. The time they were gifted was not all she would get from him. She decided.

Aedion grasped her shoulder with his hand. "Ace we need to leave." She only nodded. As she stood she looked over Sams body and leaned in to kiss his brow.

As they were exiting the hospital a black car pulled up. Fenrys Moonbeam jumped out. "Hey, I'm here to take to guys to the meeting. Arobynn left you a message to let you know." Aedion had his phone out listening to the message then he nodded at her. Rowan Whitethorn was sitting in the drivers seat.

She ignored him. He was brooding because of his loss, even if he didn't know the girl all that well. It took no time to get to the meeting place.

Rowan POV

The first thing he noticed when the Ashryver Galathynius siblings got into the car was how much Aelin had changed. She was almost sickly looking with the deep purple smudges underneath her eyes. Her cheekbones more prominent. She was still remarkably beautiful but nothing like she was the night of the gala.

But he supposed he understood. Sam, that was her chosen name, was still in a coma. He would have been that way if Lyria hadn't shoved him out of the way of that pillar. The fact she would sacrifice herself to protect him honestly surprised him. And he would never get to repay her.

But he could definitely work with the Galathynius family to find out who was behind this. If anything to avenge her.

Once they took their chairs it didn't take long for Arobynn to set a plan in place. Maeve occasionally gave a suggestion. The Khagan didn't really give anything away however he had just lost his daughter so he was still in mourning.

Aedion and Aelin hadn't said much but he didn't apologize for the loss of the Khagans daughter. Then looked to Rowan. "I'm sorry for the loss of Lyria."

He furrowed his brows. "How did you know her name?"

Aedion realized his mistake to late. "Well, she was our informant. In Doranelle. She was as much as your loss as ours. Sam had made the connection."

Rowans blood froze over; the woman he had potentially loved. Had been spying on him. He need out of his skin. So before he could think any further he slammed in fist into Aedion Ashryvers face. Then the shouting began as several hands tried to tear Rowan off of Aedion.

Finally the only sound that came through was a high pitched wail. They looked up to see Arobynn holding Aelin as tears ran down the man face. He was holding his phone next to his ear. Aedion kicked him off and went to his sister.

Arobynn looked over to Rhoe. "Sams been killed in the hospital. Someone suffocated him with his own pillow."

Authors note.
Sorry about last chapters cliffhanger! I had totally intended to update again last week however my husband's family decided to go camping all last week and I simply did not have time!
As always tell me what you guys think! Or just leave a comment! I appreciate it!