26

Chapter 26

Aelin POV

"You did it. You actually did it. " Maeve whispered.

Aelin gave her an ice cold stare. "What did you expect? Now. Sign the freedom contracts for the cadre. Now. Or I will kill you slowly."

Maeves complexion had paled. Clearly not expecting to see her heir, her nephew on the ground. She signed the contracts. Efficiently buying the cadres freedom.

They all stood there. Shocked. Lorcan looked murderous.

Meave opened her mouth to speak. But Aedion quickly pulled out his gun to silence her once and for all.

The body slumped in the throne chair. Blood oozing out of the gunshot in the middle of her forehead.

Turning on her heel she stepped to walk out of the mansion. Leaving the cadre to pick up the pieces. 

But she stopped in her tracks. Turned to face them. "You are free. Take Rowans Body. There's a helicopter on the roof to take you away. Aedion and I will be blowing the city in a hour. There are trust funds set up for you all. That should set you up nicely for the rest of your lives. Meave had quite the fortune. Don't worry about the people of Doranelle. We already evacuated them this week. All they know is that the city of fixing to become a sink hole. And it is. As soon as we set off the bombs."

"Why? He loved you." Lorcan asked.

"And I loved him. Check his pulse. It should be back to normal."

Then they left.

Lorcan Pov

He ran over to his heirs body after the Galathynius left. Sure enough Rowan had a pulse. Lorcan tore his shirt off Rowan. There on his chest. A single paralysis bullet. The other two blanks.

"He's alive." Their phones went off. Connall pulled out his phone.

"Holy shit. The moneys already been transferred over."

Gavriel who looked like he wanted to follow his son shook his head in disbelief. "We need to get out of here. Before they do blow this place." There was a rumble the walls started to shake.

Lorcan threw Rowan over his shoulder as they ran up the stairs to the chopper. Gavriel threw hisself in the pilots chair as Fenrys claimed the co pilot.

They barely made it out of the blast zone as the whole city of Rivers collapsed into the earth.

Rowan jerked awake almost hitting Connall in the nose with his head. "Where is she?"

"Gone."

He tried to stand but both Lorcan and Connall shoved him down. "Relax dude. She's fine. Probably having the time of her life blowing our city up."

"She saved me. Aedion injected something in my neck then she shot me with blanks Lorcan. She saved all of us."

Rowan POV

He climbed into the co pilot chair next to Gabriel after the twins made sure he was good to go.

He needed to find Aelin.

He'd spend the rest of his life searching for her.

Authors note.
I really really hate this chapter. But I've been brainstorming for like a week over it and I can't figure out how to fix the damn thing. Sooo this is what you guys get. I'm sorry.