One

Jack's POV

Watching. Always watching. It's like predator and prey. We knew where Emily lived and where she went to school. We knew where she hung out and where her entire family lived. We also knew the time was coming to go in for the kill.

The bell rang and I ran to the wooded area before anyone would see me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. It was Corbyn. "What?" I asked.

"Eben wants to talk to us. The others will watch her," Corbyn responded urgently.

We found ourselves walking through the woods before coming to the road where our cars were parked. Zach was leaning against the car talking to Daniel who was in the car playing with his pocket knife. "What car am I driving?" I asked.

"That one," Jonah replied not looking up from his phone.

Corbyn and I got into the car, heading for our headquarters. After meeting with Ebem we were met by his assistant. "You ever been to a high school party?"

I nodded. "Last year. Don't worry I'll keep my boys under control."

Ethan, the assistant nodded. "You better. Emily's dad called saying he wants two security guards so that's Jonah and Corbyn's job. Here are the rules and contact information."

We got the rest of the instructions and headed home. We had barely opened the door when we heard fighting coming from the kitchen. Daniel was on top of Zach with a gun to his head. I ran over and grabbed the gun. "What is going on here?"

"He was trying to make a negotiation with me," Daniel snapped.

"About what?" Corbyn asked pulling Daniel off of Zach.

"None of your business," Zach muttered walking over to me. "What did Eben want to say?"

I pulled the instructions out of my pocket and handed them to Jonah who had approached me. Jonah cleared his throat. "Jonah and Corbyn will be security guards at Emily's house, contact her father tonight to let him know you're on the way tomorrow. They can only speak as much as her father allows and they aren't allowed to flirt with her because this is an official job. If they find new information they must share it Eben. Tomorrow night Zach, Daniel, and Jack are going to the high school party at Trent's house. Get to know her and try to become her friend. Do what you can to get her to trust you."

Daniel made a face and Corbyn laughed. "Sucks to be you. Actually having to socialize with her."

"Anything for the money," Daniel mumbled. "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

"Random but okay," I said before turning to Zach. "Try and behave yourself Z. We can drink at this party but stay sober enough not to share our information."

"You mean like how we're going after everyone her father loves to get back at him for the incident last year? Yeah, I'll try and remember not to bring it up," Zach replied.

Jonah walked back into the room, "I called her dad and told him we'd be at their house at six tomorrow morning."

Corbyn smiled as he high-fived Jonah. "And so it begins."

I pulled some leftover pizza out of the fridge and put it on the counter. "In the meantime how about a movie night? Relax before this mission officially starts."

Jonah's POV

None of us really knew how we'd gotten involved in Daniel's revenge plan. He'd come up with it and Eben, our boss assigned all five of us to it. We didn't mind though. When we'd spent time near Emily and seen how her dad behaved at his workplace we understood that whatever Daniel said he'd done was true. I put on my uniform which was a t-shirt that said security on the back with a pair of pants and boots. A baseball cap which also said security and a pair of sunglasses. I ran downstairs and saw Corbyn dressed in the same uniform. "Let's go."

As we drove Corbyn went through the documents. "So we've been guards for two and a half years according to this."

I glanced at the paper as I turned onto the exit. "Seriously?"

Corbyn nodded. "That's what it says."

We pulled up in front of a gate and Corbyn and I were shocked. The place was huge. As the gate opened I pulled into the long driveway towards the house. We got out of the car and Corbyn and I exchanged looks. A man walked out in a suit and we immediately recognized him as Emily's dad. He led us into an office and had us sit down. "Corbyn and Jonah?" he asked.

We nodded and he looked at us. "You can greet my daughter as Ms. Walton and me as Mr. Walton. You will respect our family and this house. Your post is the gate and occasionally the upstairs because I would like you to protect Emily. She said sometimes she feels followed so I want her to feel safe. It won't be often but if I ask you to take her somewhere you take her but don't speak to her unless she's greeting you. Ask how she is and how her day was if she starts to talk to you but otherwise stay silent. Got it?"

"Yes, Mr. Walton," Corbyn and I replied in unison.

Mr. Walton got up and went to the door to let in Emily. Corbyn and I stood up and nodded as she came and sat where I'd been sitting. "Hi daddy. I have to go to school, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong sweetheart. I wanted you to meet the new guards, Mr. Besson and Mr. Marais," Mr. Walton said.

Emily turned to us and smiled. "Hello."

"Hi," we replied.

Corbyn's POV

Looking over at Jonah, I could see he liked Emily. I shook my head at him before smiling at her. "We better head to our post."

Jonah nodded and followed me to the door. "Want us to walk you to your car?"

Emily followed us out of the house and to the garage where she'd parked her Jaguar. I desperately wanted to talk about cars with her, but this was official business. Jonah and I went to the gate and opened it as Emily sped out of the driveway and onto the main road. "Jonah, you cannot start liking her. This is a job," I snapped.

Jonah shook his head. "She took me by surprise. I'm keeping it official Corbs. Don't worry."

"You better," I sighed as I locked the gate back up. "Daniel will kill you if he thinks you're falling for the enemy."

I looked around as Jonah and I continued to whisper amongst ourselves. We noticed security cameras all over the place. This family knew they were a target and intended to know what was going on all over their property. It was a pretty boring job but we were at least allowed on our phones unless something came up so we were able to give the others information that we knew so far.