Seventeen

Zach's POV

"Herron and Seavey! Get up here. It's an emergency!" Corbyn's voice called from upstairs. 

I set down my gun and hurried upstairs to find Corbyn and Jack in the doorway. They led Daniel and me to the driveway where we all crowded around the cooler. "What's in that thing?" I asked. 

Jack looked away. Once again Jack's temper had probably gotten ahead of him. I went inside to find my gloves and went back out. "I'll deal with him. Everyone else just clean up all evidence." 

I got Emily a pair of gloves and called for her to come with me. We moved the cooler to the van and I drove us to the quietest part of the beach. I dragged a boat into the water and put the cooler into it. Helping Emily into the boat before turning on the engine. We went up until we found a few fins. Hoping those were sharks and not dolphins Emily helped me toss Mickie's body into the water. We were right. The sharks finished him off and I turned to Emily. "And that's how we do it." 

She raised an eyebrow. "Really. That's the way you always get rid of bodies?" 

I rolled my eyes. "If you live on the coast it's the best way. Now, lets go burn these things," I sighed as I held up Jack's shirt. 

When we got home there was arguing in the kitchen. It settled down and Daniel walked out. "Jack we all mess up sometimes. I'm just a little stressed." 

"That was better than I thought it would be," Emily muttered as we went upstairs to clean up. 

There was a knock on our door and I heard Emily answer it. I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist as I headed out. "What's up Dani?" 

"It's on the damn news already," He sighed. 

That was fast. I'd thought it would take longer to discover him missing. "What exactly have they said?" 

"So far Mickie's been declared missing. I asked Jack and he said he attacked him in the woods so we cleaned up the evidence. They'll find nothing misleading in his apartment," Daniel explained. 

Emily grinned as she looked up at me. "Car keys." 

I pointed at my desk and she grabbed them. "I got this. When did they say they'd investigate his apartment?" 

"Tomorrow," Daniel replied. 

Emily nodded and ran out the door, grabbing my hoodie on her way to the car. She was a feisty little thing. She could be up to anything. I laughed and turned back to Daniel. "Interesting." 

Emily's POV

I parked at my cousin's house and walked in. "Mila." 

She looked up from her phone and narrowed her eyes. We never did get along even before the mafia. "What do you want?" 

"I know who stole your money and I know where you can find it," I said with a grin. 

"I'm listening," she muttered. 

I took a breath as I sat down. "Mickie got your share. My dad double-crossed you when he realized Mickie was more capable than you." 

"That bastard! He'll pay for this. I swear Emily he'll pay!" she yelled as she pushed past me. "Thank you for telling me." 

I smirked as I went out the door. She'd fallen into my trap. Mila hated when someone thought she was incapable of something. "You're welcome." 

I hadn't even been home an hour before Mila's car sped into the driveway almost hitting Corbyn's car. Jonah ran to open the door as the girl stormed angrily past him and straight for me. "Wipe that smug look off your damn face!" she screamed as she shoved me against the table.

"Leave her alone," Zach sighed. 

"Back off!" Mila yelled. 

Zach narrowed his eyes but backed away to where the other boys were standing. I smirked at Mila. "Finally being found out for your crimes?" 

"Mickie is missing and my DNA is all over his house!" Mila screamed. 

I winked at Jack before turning my attention back on my cousin. I'd never seen her this angry. I stared her down, not daring to reveal that Mickie was dead. If she had a recording she would easily get us all arrested. She slapped me across the cheek. "Say something!" 

Before I could say something her eyes focused on Jack. "I've seen you around before." 

Jack's eyes widened as he put a hand on his gun. Daniel did the same. I shook my head. I get that they were protective of me but another death right now would get us all in trouble. Mila and Mickie were twins that hated each other. Yes, my cousins were the most lethal mafia leaders. Mila was first but my dad replaced her with Mickie. "Who's this little kid?" 

I turned to see Reese coming into the house. I put a hand up to Zach who was getting ready to attack. Reese's eyes widened before she ran to her brother. "She's little as you said. Leave the poor child alone." 

"If you get to frame me, I get to have her," Mila growled. "As insurance." 

I shoved her back. "Get out of our house." 

"What are you going to do?" Mila snapped. 

I pulled out my gun and put it to her head. This was the first time I'd seen true fear in her eyes. She glared at me before storming out of the house and into her car. When she'd pulled out of the driveway I turned to Daniel. "Talk about having to fight your own family. She's up to something."

"She's mean," Reese was sobbing to Zach.

I approached them. "Was she the one who kidnapped you?" 

Reese nodded into Zach's shoulder. "She said she would kill me one day."  

Yeah, two chapters in one day cause I was off work today. Anyways, things will officially start happening in Chapter 19. Stay safe and love you guys 💕