Twenty-seven

No One's POV

Emily had gotten a tip on where Zach and Daniel were. She'd snuck into her dad's house and found some files on the abandoned Blackwood house. They were currently in the kitchen picking out the best weapons to take with them. Emily pulled out the AK-47 that Daniel never let her use. Jonah nodded as he got his own assault rifle. They ran to the car and drove to the Blackwood house which was almost three hours away. Emily was getting restless as they drove down the highway. Corbyn was in the back seat silently looking out the window. Jonah and Jack were in the front talking about how to get past the guards. Corbyn turned to Emily. "Do you think they're okay?" 

"Knowing my dad, we'll be lucky if they can even communicate with us. I've see him torture someone. He hates Daniel after the incident with my uncle so Daniel could be worse off," Emily explained. 

"I can't believe how things turned out," Jonah muttered as he got off the highway. 

Daniel laid on the floor, shivering from the cold but in pain from the wounds. No matter what position he chose, there was a burning sensation all over his body. He screamed in pain as he shifted and his back hit the floor. A guard walked in with a taser and Daniel stared blankly up at him. He couldn't even scream as the taser touched his side. He tried to stay awake. He just couldn't. The guard hovered over him. It was as if some strength came back into Daniel. He pushed himself up, just enough to grab the guard's gun. The guard barely had time to react before Daniel pulled the trigger. The guard fell and Daniel closed his eyes, relieved that he'd finally been able to attack, no matter how slightly. 

Zach was tied up to the post again as he was continuously cut across the back and kicked in the ribs. The pain was too much for him to handle as he threw up. He was cut again but didn't have the energy to scream. He was exhausted. Blood ran down his face from a wound he'd gotten on his head. The voices began to sound distant as the room began to spin. There were gunshots, but he didn't have the energy to react. 

Corbyn's POV

Jack punched one of the guards, slamming him into the wall. Jonah shoved open a door and froze. It was Daniel, laying in a small pool of blood. I pushed past him and knelt in front of Daniel. "I'm right here. Can you hear me, Dani? I'm right here." 

There was no response from Daniel. I gently rolled Daniel over and his eyes widened. Most of his ribcage was visible. "Oh my God. Daniel, what happened?" 

Daniel muttered something unintelligible before he passed out. I looked fearfully at Jack. "What are we going to do? We still have to find Zach." 

"He's not bleeding out. You stay here and we'll get Zach," Jonah replied as they hurried down the hall. 

I couldn't look at the wounds anymore as I played with Daniel's blond hair. He was barely breathing. I hoped to God he was going to be okay. If they'd done this to Daniel, who knew what they'd done to Zach. 

Emily's POV

Jack threw open and door and we ran down the stairs. It didn't take long to find Zach. He was tied to a post as blood pooled underneath him. Carly was standing over him with a gun. I shoved Carly backward and punched her across the face. "Leave him the hell alone!" 

"Princess Emily finally came in to rescue the most well-known mafia members," Carly taunted. 

I threw Carly into a wall of spikes and watched as her body became lifeless almost instantly. I turned around to see my dad coming towards me with a gun. There was a gunshot and my dad collapsed. 

I ran to Zach and cut the ropes off his hands. Zach fell limply into my lap. "I'm so sorry mon cherie. Oh my God, Zach, I'm so so sorry." 

He looked up at me and pulled him closer. "I got you now. You're okay." 

Jonah's eyes widened and I turned to see Mila standing over me. When had she gotten out of jail? I looked around for my gun. It was on the other side of the room. Jonah grabbed her and slashed her across the neck. "Come on. Let's get out of here." 

I gently pulled Zach to his feet and drug him out of the room. We made our way to where they'd left Daniel and Corbyn. Jonah caught up to us and unlocked the van. We laid Zach and Daniel in the back and drove to the hospital. "I made it look like a murder suicide," Jonah told us as he sped down the road.

I glanced in the back and noticed Zach's eyes had closed. His chest was no longer rising and falling. Daniel was barely breathing either. "Jonah, please hurry. They aren't breathing."